• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My new favorite pistol

owtlaw

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2013
I just passed 3000 rounds through my Dan Wesson DWX. So far the gun has run flawlessly with several types of ammo. Accuracy is on par with my STI DVC 3Gun. The best part is that 21 round mags are 35.00 and they actually work flawlessly as well. If you find yourself in the market for a multi gun pistol or a Lim. Minor pistol this is the way to go IMHO.

Reactions: gigamortis
it's good to like your gun which ever gun it might be that is a fine weapon to have pic to drool over would have been a nice touch .

16815200731446117807861774262738.jpg

Reactions: newageroman
Alright, it looks good. Why don’t you tell us why you like it, what it does well, where it differs from the competition, and where it can be modified or improved?

Pictures definitely help😀

Alright, it looks good. Why don’t you tell us why you like it, what it does well, where it differs from the competition, and where it can be modified or improved?

Pictures definitely help😀

Out of the box the trigger on the 1st one was 2lb 10 oz and the 2nd was 2 lb 13 oz. They did away with the barrel link and consequently the barrel lugs. They took a page out of Sig's book and made the registered part of the firearm the chassis. The grip frame is just that. They used EGW components ie. hammer, sear, and hammer strut. It would seem that the springs are interchangeable with 1911/2011 pistols. Best of all, it uses the P10/P09 mags that are 35.00 for the 21 rounders and they actually work all the time. Another thing I really like is the narrow front blade. It really seems faster to get on target with it. The palm swell is another feature that I find very nice on this gun. The overall grip is more conducive for speed and accuracy, at least for me. It also fits in a Safariland ALS 1911 holster. The weight and balance of the gun is superb in my opinion. The only thing I wish they would have added is the extended mag release like the shadow 2 has.

I have been wanting to shoot one of these and eventually the compact.

Keep me from going to a EDCx9 SFX lol

Wish it could mount an optic though. Have seen guys get the slide milled for an optic, but they should release an optics ready version already.

Out of the box the trigger on the 1st one was 2lb 10 oz and the 2nd was 2 lb 13 oz. They did away with the barrel link and consequently the barrel lugs. They took a page out of Sig's book and made the registered part of the firearm the chassis. The grip frame is just that. They used EGW components ie. hammer, sear, and hammer strut. It would seem that the springs are interchangeable with 1911/2011 pistols. Best of all, it uses the P10/P09 mags that are 35.00 for the 21 rounders and they actually work all the time. Another thing I really like is the narrow front blade. It really seems faster to get on target with it. The palm swell is another feature that I find very nice on this gun. The overall grip is more conducive for speed and accuracy, at least for me. It also fits in a Safariland ALS 1911 holster. The weight and balance of the gun is superb in my opinion. The only thing I wish they would have added is the extended mag release like the shadow 2 has.
Good summary @owtlaw

Reactions: owtlaw
Wish it could mount an optic though. Have seen guys get the slide milled for an optic, but they should release an optics ready version already.
They probably will. They have come out with the Non-OR ready models on most other pistols first then released an OR model. That's what they did with the Shadow 2 anyway. I am interested in one of these as well. I love my Shadow 2 and a few extra rounds with some features from the 1911 design are really enticing.

Why does one of them appear to be sitting there out of battery?

I want one of these things though. Waiting for someone to have threaded barrels for them and for them to release an optics-ready version. Then I have an Omega 9k sitting around I could throw on it.