• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft my new ghillie suit in progress

bart.herens

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2011
hey Guys,

This months ( autumn ) are very beautyfull months for a ghillie suit so i have begon on a new one,tell me what you think about it..

1j5ffo.jpg

First fieldtest to test the colors

m951co.jpg

rgxky0.jpg

smtycw.png

2igzz91.jpg

Vest working progress :

vzeond.jpg

16knora.jpg

today begon on my jacket

2m6k4z7.jpg

and another picture of the jacket

rlwbqv.jpg

just an example when i putt it on ( loooott of work making a ghillie )

2qtwdvl.jpg

Re: my new ghillie suit in progress

looks good dude. the stuff on it is that avery fast grass?

Holy Tom Berenger, Batman!

Nice work looks good but here are my %0.02. Use paracord and make some veg ties. Cut back on the filler material such as jute mo hair and if that grass stuff is fake cut back on that too. The stuff gets hot really quick. A boonie cover usually works better to break up the outline of the head. Use more naturally vegetation native to the area as it doesn't bring in more new smells to the area and nothing works better then real vegetation.

I hope that doesn't come across as harsh, don't get that impression you've done a great job on it and it will work on the 4 legged and the winged kind of critters pretty well.

i have used raphia for the pants, also have taked a look at the enviroment where i was going to be and build a copie of this enviroment on my suit... raphia gives a very wild grassie look at the ghillie suit.

hey man, i will make use of your information thx for the advice
wink.gif
.. i have used a lott ventilation in the vest and also the back op the pants where the jute / raphia hangs on is made from netting over the whole length so that i have ventilation on my legs.

whats raphia like when it gets wet , does it suck up water and get heavy ?

no , its a very light material and when it gets wet it also dry's very quick

hmmmm, thats a good question beacuse i have used a mix op jute and raphia together, now i had bought 1 kg of raphia and cutted into 6 packages and than created 6 colors out off it

Also i have colored 2 kg jute ( thats to many but i gonna use it also for me next one )

Is that suit goretex? Looks like a german army set of wet weathers.

its a german parka and pants with strong pads in same camo sewed on.

the most of the time just follow your instinct, for me it worked.

step 1 : go to the enviroment where you will be in a lott to see wich colors it contains that you will dye for your jute or raphia or whatever you want to use...

step 2 : take pictures of the enviroment and groundstructure so that you can see how the pattern is.

step 3 : use that pattern and try to replicate this on your ghillie suit.

there is no real logicca in building ghillie's beacuse nature is also wild,but yeah you must feel how to build haha
laugh.gif
sounds funny

Boy the days of stripping burlap sacks has come a long way.

So what keeps the brush from falling out when you are moving, especially if you had to get up and run off really fast?

i have looked on the net for gillie supplies. be very careful. saw a bag of something they were calling flat grass. nice size bag. 50 something dollars. same bag,different sticker, hobby lobby, 4 bucks. you can find most of what you need in a place you can see and put your hands on. saw a bonny hat with some netting on it for 120${!). barnem was right, there,s a sucker born every minute.

That is a freaking sweet looking suit. Not sure how I missed this before.

I think you are overloading it, if you place too much vegetation on it, its gonna be hell of hot in it. My recommendation is that you place less vegetation and start to add pieces of burlap which you can get air easily. Oh yeah, and do not place vegetation on front.

Looks good! I'd worry about it getting too hot in the summer. Other than that I'd weather it a little (water, dirt, let dry, then shake out).