• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My new marksman

Triggerhappy

General Nuscience
Minuteman
  • Feb 15, 2009
    Calif., MO
    Over the last couple of months I have been working with my 5 year old son on shooting skills. Two weeks ago I let him try my AR-15, single shot with extreme supervision , shooting prone he hit 1 out of three on a 10" 200 yd plate. Yesterday he did three for three on the same shot. I was somewhat impressed. The little critter can shoot better than some of my adult friends.

03-30-11004.jpg

Re: My new marksman

that's great about your son. it's good to see parents and not society imparting values and culture on their offspring. i see boys wearing diamond ear rings in both ears and just can't imagine a father in front of a mirror showing his son how to wear women's jewelry. I can only wonder what's the next generation going to be like...educate your kids or somebody else will.

Absolutely awesome! My son was just born last week and I'm already looking forward to this EXACT activity with him!

Not to go on a mini-rant, but this is a perfect example of gun control compared to drug laws and lots of other things. I.E. If you prohibit something entirely and make it taboo, people (and children) want nothing more than to experience it, and <span style="font-weight: bold">almost</span> invariably will experience it in an unreasonable and irresponsible way. This is seen with children playing with Daddy's hidden pistol, or high school kids binge drinking and doing drugs.

BUT if you introduce it as a privilege (that comes with great responsibility), you get someone MUCH more responsible with that item/thing.

Just like in law school. If you aren't paying attention and the professor calls on you, if you answer "reasonable"....VERY rarely will you be wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimlaw83</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Absolutely awesome! My son was just born last week and I'm already looking forward to this EXACT activity with him!

Not to go on a mini-rant, but this is a perfect example of gun control compared to drug laws and lots of other things. I.E. If you prohibit something entirely and make it taboo, people (and children) want nothing more than to experience it, and <span style="font-weight: bold">almost</span> invariably will experience it in an unreasonable and irresponsible way. This is seen with children playing with Daddy's hidden pistol, or high school kids binge drinking and doing drugs.

BUT if you introduce it as a privilege (that comes with great responsibility), you get someone MUCH more responsible with that item/thing.

Just like in law school. If you aren't paying attention and the professor calls on you, if you answer "reasonable"....VERY rarely will you be wrong. </div></div>
    Congrats on the new family member, I could hardly wait til he could be my shooting buddy, especially after my 18 yr old step-son went to college this fall. I agree completely with the mini-rant. There are very strict rules at our house about guns, they are not touched without permission and kept in safes when not in use. He also has his own tool box and is very good using his own tools, (real ones), and assembles his own toys at Christmas and birthdays.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimlaw83</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Absolutely awesome! My son was just born last week and I'm already looking forward to this EXACT activity with him!

Just like in law school. If you aren't paying attention and the professor calls on you, if you answer "reasonable"....VERY rarely will you be wrong. </div></div>
    +++1