• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My New PSL Play Toy

Tai_Mai_Shu

Private
Minuteman
I thought I would post up my new PSL "Play Toy". I got it from Gus at Classic Arms. I shopped around a bit before pulling the trigger on where to buy from. Mine came with everything even in a hard case. I inspected the weapon very close, rivet work, front sight was nice a straight, the barrel is brand new along with all the internals. I am very pleased with what I purchased from Classic Arms.

NewPSL.jpg

I first dismantled everything. I then stripped and refinished all the wood using Minwax Sedona. I then "Duracoated" all the metal inside the reciever and out. I installed a Red Star Arms Adjustable trigger, I have used them in the past on some of my other AK builds.

One of the two mags that came with it had some rusting and pitting. I broke down all the mags, then bead blasted everything, then duracoated the mags too.

I also bought the Tabuk Flash Suppresor, I prefer the look of it over the stock PSL. I added a Recoil buffer too

I then installed a Versa Pod bipod, I mounted mine in the bottom front of the reciever. I'm not a fan of mounting it in the hand gauards, It's a little thin, and they have a tendacy to crack with and twisting or large amounts of pressure.

I also bought the PSOP 8x42 D Pro "weaver mount" from Kalinka along with a centered SVD side mount weaver rail mount. The only problem I ran into was the mount was way to high. They did not have a low mount when I purchased mine, so I went into my Gun Shop and and cut it down to where I need it to be.

Now I have plenty of Windage and Elevation in my scope without running out of room. I decided to make my own rifle sling for it too. I used 100' of Paracord and made my own sling for the weapon to give it the personal touch.

Here are some pics:

Ready for coating.

Duracoat-Prep.jpg

Duracoating the parts.
Duracoat-PSL.jpg

Duracoat-PSL-2.jpg

Waiting to be put back together.
Duracoated-PSL.jpg

The Finished product.
PSL-2.jpg

PSL-1.jpg

I'm happy with the results. I'm going to the range in the next few days and do a barrel break in. I'm looking forward to see exactly what I can get out of it.

Mike

Re: My New PSL Play Toy

Thanks, I can't wait to see what this puppy can do. It's no tac driver I'm sure, but it will be a fun gun to play with.

I can't wait, I'm waiting on my new Sako TRG 22 to arrive. That is a world away from this thing.
wink.gif
But both have there places.

Mike

How's the cheek weld with that? Looks like it'd be high, more like a chin weld...

Very sharp looking rifle, I'll be interested to hear how it shoots.

Shawn

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: srv656s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How's the cheek weld with that? Looks like it'd be high, more like a chin weld...

Very sharp looking rifle, I'll be interested to hear how it shoots.

Shawn </div></div>

Yeh, it's still a little high, I really can't go much lower due to the way the PSOP scope is designed, it has a long mounting block. I'm not a fan of the Russian off set optics. To help staying with the overall concept of the rifle, I went with the newer 8x scope with weaver mount and Mil Dot reticle. I just wish it could be lower to the weapon for a more comfortable weld.

Mike