• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes my new redfield 4-12x40 w/picture's

416barrett

Private
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2010
Georgia ,seminole ounty
heres my new redfield i bought ive yet to mount it since it takes so long to get a rifle ordered around here

2011-03-31_14-39-36_25.jpg

the tree you see is around 650-670 yards

2011-04-03_07-58-42_4.jpg

Re: my new redfield 4-12x40 w/picture's

classic redfield picture id say

2011-04-03_08-05-45_467.jpg

this is a tree row 800 yards

2011-04-03_08-06-26_597.jpg

also got a 100 yard picture of one of our hourses

the camera dont do just how bright and clear this scope makes every thing then again its only a 8 mp droid camera

2011-04-03_08-07-15_960.jpg

i didnt know i could love a optic as much as a rifle but i do now lol . hell i have fun just watching through the scope . i wish my grandad could have seen it i bet he had a similar one in nam

Glad to see the Redfield products available again. Also glad to see they are part of the Leupold family.

What power were the pictures taken at? Also what application are you going to use this for? Hunting, varmints etc..

that tree was at 12x and the tree row to. the horse was 4x. i see midway use had nikons similar size for 160$ but i got a leupy cuz the warranty and i like red . oh i plan on using it for deer/hog anywhere from 60-300 yards. im trying to mount it on a 300 or 7mm rum waiting for my dealer to see what he can get instock the 7mm rum for sure but i want a 30 cal over a 7,mm.

oh on 4 power you can use like 7" eye relief just about but to be realistic 4-5" is what youll have . i bet you could mount it on a shotgun for a turkey/slug scope .

the camera makes those 12x images look farther than they do in person with the scope. id say its really about twice that close in person looking through it or maybe three. and its so crisp . its a big change over walmart simmons and tasco and my brothers centerpoint

The reticle you have is the accu range reticle correct? I have the same scope except its a 3-9x version.

yes accurange . i went with it because it seem more original to the redfield . i at first looked at the 3-9x50 but 3-9's are to popular and i always go another route than most popular and i look at the fov @ 100 yards the 3-9 was 14' the 4-12 was 9' dnt know if thats a big differance

Shot with this scope, this past weekend. On new X-Mark triggered Remington 700s in .308, and 30-06. With a 300 RUM on order expected in soon.

First impressions were great at the range as like the circle myself. The receptacle is very thin. Could see well and the scope seemed to have lots of light compared to a similar Nikon and Bushnell Elite 4200 often use. The circle receptacle in the new Redfields surrounds the Leupold 100 yd targets extremely nice, the ones with the four black squares, they fit inside the circle and the X marks the spot in the middle. Loved it for punching paper will see how it does in the field (the best receptacle alignment I've seen ever on a paper target with similar optics qualities to the others). Have only used so far at 100 yards helping sight in a couple new guns. Hear from proud owner of three the Redfield scope company, who was good and gone for a while, has these new models out made by Leupold. Seemed decent for a relatively inexpensive scope, and like the scope / receptacle personally after using it. My first impression was better than thought it would be going in. It will be fun to shoot further with one as receptacle can help work as an inexpensive range adjuster in hunting situations. Curious what others here will have to say about them.

From Amazon:

Product Description:
The rebirth of an American legend; the Redfield Revolution. Made in Oregon using state-of-the-art design, manufacturing, assembly, and testing techniques, the Revolution produces optical, mechanical, and functional superiority that no import can rival. The Illuminator Lens System combines premium lenses with cuttingedge multilayer, vapor-deposition coatings to provide unparalleled image quality, a greater usable field of view, and superior light transmission. While meticulous attention to detail generates the ultimate repeatability and reliability of the Accu-Trac adjustment system. Painstaking design effort resulted in Redfield's exclusive Rapid Target Acquisition (RTA) eyepiece, meaning no more missed opportunities because you couldn't find the "sweet spot" behind the scope. Tested to levels that literally render competitive scopes useless, you can rest assured that your Revolution is absolutely waterproof, fog proof, shock proof, and covered by the Redfield Full Lifetime Warranty.Features:- Made in Oregon- Resettable stainless steel finger-click Accu-Trac adjustments- Best in class durability, image quality, and field of view- Accu-Range reticle for combination of speed & long range precision- Waterproof, fog proof, shock proof- Rapid Target Acquisition (RTA) eyepiece- Lockable eyepiece- Redfield Full Lifetime WarrantySpecifications:- Reticle: AccuRange- Exit Pupil (mm): 8.9-3.5- Weight (ounces): 13.1- Weight (grams): 371.0- Length (in): 12.3- Length (cm): 31.2- Mounting Space (in): 5.6- Mounting Space (cm): 14.2- Objective Aperture (mm): 40.0- Eye Relief (in): 3.7-4.9- Eye Relief (mm): 124.5-94.0- Elevation Adjustment Range(MOA): 50- Windage Adjustment Range (MOA): 50- Lens Coating Vapor Deposited, Multi-coated- Illuminator Lens System- Adjustment Markings: Accu-Trac 1/4 MOA Finger Click Adjustments- Maintube Diameter: 1"- Environmental Protection: Nitrogen Filled- Actual Magnif

I bought mine in April also I believe. I don't like it. Nice enough scope I guess, but it seems to have way too much eye relief. With std Leupold 2 piece bases and rings on my Rem M7 it isn't possible to even use this scope. So I got Millet dual ring extensions and moved the scope as far forward as possible. I hate the set up, but I can use the scope, sort of. I mount my rifle and always have to move my head back in an unnatural uncomfortable position to find a sweet spot, a sweet spot that changes quite a bit between 4x and 12x. There doesn't seem to be jack for the M7 by way of mounting solutions and this scope isn't working for what there is.

Anyone else having this situation? suggestions? is there something wrong with my scope?

edit: After a few hours now of studying, I might have a solution. I think maybe an EGW rail (only one I can find) mounted on my M7's receiver would allow me more flexibility in ring placement and clearances needed to get the scope moved forward a little more. Sure would have been nice if the scopes eye relief was more like the 3.7" range as avertized instead of being aprox 4.25"- 5" to my eye.

Picked one of these up a while back and have been messing with the BDC reticle a bit. Made up a MOA chart for the BDC on the various powers 4-12 and the associated MOA drop. Works decent and have shot one of my hunting loads with it out to 600. Was actually suprised at the results. Zeroing at 200 using the following MOA data ...

Mag- 300- 400- 500

4x- 5.27- 12.66- 20.62
5x- 4.855- 11.68- 19.02
6x- 4.50- 10.70- 17.42
7x- 4.115- 9.71- 15.82
8x- 3.73- 8.73- 14.22
9x- 3.345- 7.75- 12.62
10x- 2.96- 6.765- 11.02
11x- 2.575- 5.78- 9.42
12x- 2.19- 4.80- 7.82