• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

My new rifle stock build

McKinneyMike

Sergeant
Minuteman
Here is my new Russo rifle stock, just out of the CNC machine. Still needs a little detail and contouring work, but Joel wanted me to see it. Joel will cut and fit the butt with an adjustable cheek piece with Sitman hardware installed before I receive it. I think that it turned out quite well.

I also realize that wooden stocks are not truly "tactical" kosher, but this is not a tactical rifle either. It will be mainly for prone shooting at distance. Works for my style of shooting. This will be a single shot action.

my_stock1.jpg

my_stock2.jpg

my_stock3.jpg

I laminated the blank for Joel and he did his magic. I did not have a piece of wood thick enough for the build, so I laminated quarter sawn Bubinga in the center and outsides, while adding two thin strips of figured Anigre to break it up. I wasn't sure that I would like the contrasting color combo, but I think that it will work well together.

It is a quasi-copy of the Manners MCS-T2. I liked it better the McMillan A-5L as the butt hook on the A-5L will not ride the bags as well, if I want to shoot from a bench.

I am anxiously awaiting its completion and arrival to my waiting hands so I can get it ready for final finish. For the cost I think it is a no brainer vs what is readily available out there in the aftermarket world for wooden stocks. Plus I get to make my own wood choices!

Re: My new rifle stock build

Wow, that just looks really good.

Can't wait to see the finished rifle.