• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

My new rig, GA Precision in a AX chassis.

charlestondiving

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2011
Charleston SC
www.furniturehoo.com
Finally got my new GA precison rifle and she is one sexy rig! George at GAP was extremely helpful. I cant wait to put some quality time behind this rifle.

The only bad thing... if i dont shoot well i cant blame my equipment any more.
smile.gif

Takes some fairly high rings to clear the shroud up front. the badger 1.25 30mm rings and 20moa base works great to clear the objective for a 56mm Nightforce nxs. (included a photo of the scope clearance)

robsax.jpg

robsax2.jpg

Re: My new rig, GA Precision in a AX chassis.

very nice.. congratulations! there is always the weather u can blame for bad shooting! i do it quite often. haha

Rem 700 action
308 Bartlien barrel 1-11 twist
Innovative Arms suppressor
badger rings/mounts, and a Atlas Bipod

GAP quality is amazing. The thread saver gap made fits perfectly seamless. Can't even tell its there.

Will attempt my first ladder test and eventually shoot some groups to post after i recover from rotator cuff surgery this week.

That FDE color combo is nice. Picked one up myself from Mile High.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OBXLongRange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats the screw on the rings? </div></div>

Pic rail mounted Bubble level.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IkeEng</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That FDE color combo is nice. Picked one up myself from Mile High. </div></div>

Thank you, I love the way it turned out. It's by far the nicest rifle I've ever owned.

The only flaw i see so far is with the cheek rest. It's made out of thin plastic and mine shattered in shipment.

George at GAP was awesome. He had a new one in the mail the next day.

is that a piece of picatinny rail attached to the fore stock that the bipod is mounted to?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hyena74</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is that a piece of picatinny rail attached to the fore stock that the bipod is mounted to? </div></div>

Yes sir, The stock came with a few pic rail sections that secure to the shroud wherever you want them. Since the shroud is octagon shaped the rails can be mounted at a 45* angle also. One of the rail sections has a sling stud for attaching harris type bipods. it also has a flush cup for a push button sling attachement. I used the standard pic rail for the atlas bipod as far forward as i could get it.

Nice rifle and what appears to be a LDSP hanging on the end!

Good luck with the new build.

Ive got a range at work that goes out to 250. We go out to a buddies hunt club in the off season to get longer ranges.

I see you are from summerville, Palmetto gun club has a 800 yard range you should check out. its just too long a drive for me from Mt Pleasant.

Yes sir.

I believe we met back in august in Summerville.

Good luck with the weapon! Looks like a very nice build.

That's an awesome looking rig man. I'm in the process of getting the same setup. I bought the AX chassis and GA Precision is doing the barreled action for it. What barrel contour did you go with?