• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

My New Toy

Savage_Jake

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2009
Louisville, KY
I picked up this Savage 10FP .223 last weekend at Knob Creek for $600 including tax.
I ordered a Bell & Carlson Tactical Medalist to put on it and it came in today.
The scope is the cheap Centerpoint from Wally World. Its my beater scope I use so I can shoot all new rifles until I can afford better optics.
After the new year I will be putting an EGW base and some Burris rings on it.
Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40 mil-dot will soon follow as well. I have one on my 700 and love it.

BEFORE....
DSCN2974.jpg

AFTER.....
DSCN2975.jpg

DSCN2976.jpg

Re: My New Toy

Thanks for the comments.

I had a chance to shoot it sunday with the original stock. The smallest group I got with Hornady 75 grain match ammo was right around .800". I will be heading to the parents house this week for turkey day so I will be able to get a lot of bench time. Dad has a nice 100 yard range in the back yard.
smile.gif

Loads I will be using.

Prvi Brass
Nosler CC 77 gr.
CCI 400
23.7 gr Varget
2.260"

Hornady Brass
A-Max 75 gr
Remmy 7.5 BR
25 gr varget
2.390"

As far as how the stock feels. I love it. Its my first stock with a vertical grip and it is a huge upgrade from the factory. I recommend it to anyone looking to do away with the plastic thats come on these rifles.

Oh yeah. The barrel didnt sit in the channel evenly so I took some sand paper to try and even it out a bit. It is also more free floated now. Before, when I did the dollar bill test, it seemed a bit tighter towards the front of the channel. But all is good now. I'm glad I bought it.

Congrats on the new rifle, whats the barrel twist? You seem to be shooting some of the heavier bullets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cigarcop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats on the new rifle, whats the barrel twist? You seem to be shooting some of the heavier bullets. </div></div>

Thank you.

The twist is 1:9". It shot the 75gr Hornady Match just fine. I think my loads will shoot even better. I have read differing opinions about the heavy bullets and the 1:9" barrels. If they dont work out then I will come down to the 68-69gr bullets.