• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My POF P308

operator1911

Minuteman
Oct 24, 2008
Parachute, CO
Just thought I would share MY POF with you guys. Topped it with a Cabela's Alaskan Guide Tactical series 2.5-10x50 scope. I took a chance on the scope after playing with a bunch of different ones at the local Cabela's. Best group so far is 3/4" @ 100 yards with Hornaday 168 GR BTHP match ammo. I have to say the Guys at POF build a hell of a rifle.
IMG_3337.jpg

Re: My POF P308

Looks very nice. I am still getting mine rigged up and should be out shooting it this weekend! Can't wait. Glad yours is a shooter!

Thanks, I have been fortunate. I only have 100rds through it but I have had 0 malfunctions or issues. I love shooting this rifle. I am thinking about swapping out the stock for a Magpul PRS. I am hoping to take it to Texas this fall to go Hog hunting with my son if the finances allow.

They are very nice. The only change I made on mine was a good trigger and a PRS. The factory set up worked well for me until I started shooting it past 4-500 yards....then the stock and trigger gave me fits with shooting it well.

You guys make me sick... I won't have mine paid off and in my hands for a few months haha sh.t. Congratulations man, she's nice

Look forward to the day when mine meets her first big pack of wild hogs... Its on then weeeeew wee wee weeeew
Good luck making your Texas trip, got to be one of the best (legal) ways to break in a 308 AR. After a proper/boring barrel break in, unless you skip that part.

Killshot & Operator have some bad ass rigs. I never knew they shot so well....I will consider building one for my next AR project. Did you try 175SMKs out of your rifle at all or just the 168's?

All of my AR's are in .308...maybe it's time to build something from POF with different uppers/calibers?

I shoot 155 Berger VLD's in mine. It liked 175 VLD's as well but it just shot the 155's too good to continue on the 175 load building. Opened my eyes to what a good auto with a good barrel can do as far as accuracy.

I too went with different stock and trigger - geissele trigger and UBR stock. Mine shoots the 155, 168, and 175s all good - bad groups run around 1.5" at 100 yds. Have gotten the 168s (handloads) to give me around 4" at 550 yards. Which is great for me.

I use the 175 out of my POF 308 16.5" bbl. I have taken it out to 600 yards with good results.

My load:

LC brass
Winchester primers
SMK 175
43.5 Varget

Same load I use in my bolt action. I haven't chrono'ed the POF, but the Tac Ops 20" bbl chrono's at 2640 fps.

I just loaded 100 of the 168gr Hornady today for my POF. I have 200 rnds of the Hornady that I don't use so I figured I would load and use it up.

Thanks for sharing the load info. I have a box of Sierra 155's I might load up and try just to see how they do. I tried them in my old DPMS and it didn't like them.

OP, out of curiosity, how do you feel about your selection of glass? Will it be adequate to take the rifle to 5-800 yds?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Korruptor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OP, out of curiosity, how do you feel about your selection of glass? Will it be adequate to take the rifle to 5-800 yds? </div></div>

Well so far I have only shot it at 100yards. Next chance I get to the range I will try the BDC retical out to 500. I think it will be more than enough for for what I plan to do with this scope. I bought it to use for Elk, deer and pig hunting so I wanted something good for up close but still have some magnification. I will also use it fo target shooting between 50- 500 yards. The eye releif is very nice and the scope is incredibly clear which makes it pretty quick to pick up your target as well. I'm no scope pro, so I dont know everything there is to know about optics but im certianly happy with it so far, Especially considering its only a $325.00 scope. The other nice thing is Cabelas has a store 30 mins form my home so if it ever breaks I just take it in and get it taken care of.