• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes My quick review of the Vortex Recon R/T

saryan

GreyFox Inc
Minuteman
I will add a more detailed write up a little later. I havnt had time to finish it. I have to say that I am really impressed with this little spotting scope. If the weather would corporate I would get out and try to spot some trace with it but its been pretty crazy this past week here. If you have any questions about it let me know. I also will add some more pictures of the optic soon.
One of the reasons I did this is that I am reviewing the Viper 1-4 PST later this month and wanted to get the format down. I will post when I launch that.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O0I7enf5EGI"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O0I7enf5EGI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: My quick review of the Vortex Recon R/T

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O0I7enf5EGI"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O0I7enf5EGI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Agree with Chiller! Wish all video reviews were as clean, clear, and thought out and executed like this! Nice job, I don't have the need really for one of these scopes but now you've made me want one! lol mission acomplished!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigDKC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Agree with Chiller! Wish all video reviews were as clean, clear, and thought out and executed like this! Nice job, I don't have the need really for one of these scopes but now you've made me want one! lol mission acomplished! </div></div>
Thanks I appreciate it. This is my first attempt. I wanted to keep it short and to the point.......and try not make fun of counter sniper scopes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308LR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What was the price of that nice piece ??</div></div>
$589-$599. They make some cool stuff for it. They make a doubler so it would turn a 10x to a 20x and 15x to a 30x. Pretty nice! Also the lens cap is nicer than most I have seen. I really dont want to give this little gem back, It is just convenient to have. I would opt for the 15x over the 10x though.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Doubler Link</span>

Thanks! I would like to try that little 8x one you had. Seems like it would be handy. I am really impressed with the glass on these so far. Is it just me Mike or are these things really as clear as I see them to be? I'm anxious to get the 1-4 PST in my hands!

Just an update. I got the 15x version and it is outstanding. Enough power to be very useful but still highly portable. I have a Razor 1-4 HD that will be here on Wednesday. We will shoot the video on Thursday and some more on Tuesday.

Nicely done on the review. Love the multiple camera angles.

Good Review. Thanks! Do you plan on reviewing any Range Finding Binos? Same format.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good Review. Thanks! Do you plan on reviewing any Range Finding Binos? Same format..... </div></div>
Thanks! Yeah I would like to do that. This is a new venture for me so I have to get in contact with all these people and show them the format I use. See if they will send some T&E's my way. Vortex has been awesome. I hope the rest are like them. I am not getting paid to do this its although it is something I would like to do long term. Let me know which models. I imagine Leica is one of them....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TangoDown</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> They make a doubler so it would turn a 10x to a 20x and 15x to a 30x. Pretty nice! </div></div>

Really? Any chance you've got a link, I haven't been able to find it and that really interests me.

Thanks.

Ah sweet, never thought to look in the binoc accessories area.

That Recon just got a little more interesting.

Thanks!!

Quick question:
Does the Recon R/T monocular line more closely align with the Razor HD line of scopes or the Viper PST line?

Specifically, glass source location/assembly location.
======================================================
Razor HD is
Japan Glass/Japan assembly

Viper PST is:
Japan Glass/Philippines assembly

Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: broncomafia</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quick question:
Does the Recon R/T monocular line more closely align with the Razor HD line of scopes or the Viper PST line?

Specifically, glass source location/assembly location.
======================================================
Razor HD is
Japan Glass/Japan assembly

Viper PST is:
Japan Glass/Philippines assembly

Thanks! </div></div>

I was actually wondering that myself. I cant find that information anywhere. I'll ask Scott see if he will chime in.

Label on the bottom of the unit says "MADE IN JAPAN"

Great review! The only thing I'd like to see you do next time would be discuss some of the specs briefly. Size and weight numbers as well as the optical numbers (you did hit on the 50mm objective, but what about eye relief, and power?)

Keep up the good work!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great review! The only thing I'd like to see you do next time would be discuss some of the specs briefly. Size and weight numbers as well as the optical numbers (you did hit on the 50mm objective, but what about eye relief, and power?)

Keep up the good work! </div></div>

Good advice. I actually wanted to put that info in the write up that I was going to put with the video. I wanted to keep the video short.

My Razor 1-4 HD showed up today! Let the T&E begin! We shoot the first part tomorrow evening with a special guest. After that its will spend a weekend running through our 3 day rifle class here at the US Shooting Academy and then off for some longer distance engagements.

got more feedback a year later ? did you use the small ranging silhouettes ? how about the doubler ?

the 15x would fit the bill nicely for my use.