• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MY SH 2014 GAP GRIND "THANK YOU" Thread

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    I want to start the ball rolling and get the "Official" GAP GRIND THANK YOU Thread going:

10537208_10202997875129375_2849191444502211306_o.jpg

This was "The" Event of the season, it was a success on so many levels it's gonna be hard to put it all together so I hope I can get a few people to help me out.

I was totally behind George when decided to turn the GRIND into a PRO/AM Event and pledged my support immediately. I think it went beyond his wildest dreams, which par for the course when it comes to all those involved. He managed to bring in a 160 Pro & Amateur shooters together for an awesome weekend of shooting. In one event he expanded the Precision Rifle Competition Base 3 fold.

K&M again put on a helluva event, even with Shannon preparing for deployment. How they can successfully manage 160 shooters in such a small place is a testament to their vision when they (Shannon & Bryan) built the facility. It a ton of work to put on any match, let alone the biggest match ever. My hat is off to all involved, Shannon, Bryan, the wives and family that help, as well as anyone else who had a hand in behind the scenes. Thanks again to Bryan for being one the most hospitable people I have ever met.

10582748_10202997944771116_7452547940189111945_o.jpg

To all the Range Officers, a sincere thanks for putting on a great match. ROs can make or break an event and you guys did a great job managing the Event. With a mix of new shooters who might be a bit intimidated to the Pros looking to game every stage, you guys remained professional. I have a few special call outs when it comes to the Range Officer:

10658838_10202997992132300_2386022144487181650_o.jpg

Don A, you can stop RO'ing now and shoot a match. :)

Dan From GAP, here is a joke for you,

Remember it is Ok smile :)

Josh Lapin of Copper Creek, your ammo kicks ass and you're still a jinx, please do not RO any more matches I am shooting.

Tom Manners, Best Spotter Ever !

John Huber, A Tripod is Legal if it is holding my hands up LOL

To all the Match Sponsors, thanks for supporting a great event, it really made an impact. I hope everyone who reads this will personally thank you even if you didn't attend the match. Once the list is added, I highly recommend an email to these companies to maximize their return on investment. These are the ones worth supporting ! To those sponsors who not only provided a prize but who also had themselves and their employees there, big time THANK YOU ! That is huge to not only support the event with a mailed in prize but send guys down to RO or support the match in person. That is the kind of dedication this community is about.

To Tracy Bartlein and Bartlein Barrels, Food was awesome ! Thanks for not only provided us lunch everyday but for also stacking barrels on the prize table.

There is a lot more, every stage was sponsored by a company, so please use the list and email them when it comes out.

To my fellow competitors,
    10351520_10202997944291104_1825923939668881469_n.jpg

Had a blast ! Squad 5 rocked, it was the perfect mix of people and we really enjoyed each others company all weekend long. It was great seeing everyone again, it's not as often I would like and hopefully in 2015 we can fix that.

Now for the Super Special Note of Interest to those reading this:

Over the weekend it was arranged that Rich Emmons and I get together and work towards mending fences between SH and the PRS. Through Bryan Morgan, George Gardner, Tom Fuller, Shannon Kay, Joe Walls and many others the opportunity was put forward to settle any issues we once had. So, with that in mind on Friday Night Rich and I met out in Crestview and spent the night sorting through the past. I am happy say we have closed that book and are now ready to move forward on a shared journey towards growing the Precision Rifle Community both here and through the PRS. The common ground was much deeper than I think people realize and the differences were so small it was silly to continue moving forward with any of the animosity. I truly thank Rich for meeting up so we could clear the air. So, not only was this PRO/AM the biggest match ever, a truly mentoring event, it is also responsible for rebuilding the bridge between SH and the PRS... :)

For those who want to check out the official Photos Michael Cage is started posting them on FB in the K&M Album.

https://www.facebook.com/michael.ca...0202997874969371.1073741852.1279334282&type=1

Visit Michael Cage's Facebook and thank him for taking a ton of awesome pictures !

10472844_10203004895704885_169340670496086464_n.jpg

10590693_10203004905865139_276426476549187278_n.jpg

Once again, thanks to everyone who attended, who sponsored and support and most of all to George, Shannon, Bryan and Co for putting on the event of the season.

I want to add, and wasn't sure i was gonna put it in here, but what the hey,

To Mike L (lash) on SH for being my partner during this event. He was awesome to hang with and we a ton of fun laughing at our mistakes throughout the weekend. He started out shaking when he finished the first event and by the end of the match was a shot short of cleaning the stages. It was awesome seeing him climb in the stats from day to day. Each time the score were posted he was climbing his way up the list. Thanks for the request to shoot with Mike I really enjoyed it.

The last picture of the young girl shooting is awesome! I can't wait till I get a chance to do that with my young ones!

I could not believe how well that 13 year old girl handled that boltgun.

I was a great match, the amateur that I shot with was awesome.

The whole match had a different vibe to it....it was more like a 3 gun match i.e.. more FUN and less clique secret squirrel, operator, sniper types.

The Gap Pro Am was great. Thanks to my Pro Tyler Paine for being such a great instructor and supporting a rookie!! I left the weekend a much more educated shooter. Thanks to George and Shannon for a job extremely well done. I was very hesitant about shooting in such an event, thinking I couldn't compete with such great shooters. I highly encourage others who would like to learn and develope to a much better shooter to come down and shoot one of these events. You learn so much and get to meet some really great people. Team Tactical Chicken had a great time!!
    Chicken

Thanks to everyone!! That was literally the most fun I've ever had behind a rifle. Met tons of awesome people and learned a lot. Looking forward to wearing a tan hat next time and shooting many more competitions before then.

I had a blast! What an awesome match. Thank you to K&M, all the RO's, and the match sponsors. A special shout out to Defiance Machine for the stage prize I was able to win!

I look forward to the next one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was truly a great match. The amount of people there was unreal and the fact that it ran so smoothly was a testament to the preparation by George, Shannon, Bryan and all the ladies that helped with registration and scoring and the RO's for their professionalism and dedication.

An enormous thanks to the sponsors, the ones that donated prizes and cash, the ones the came out and helped RO, the ones that shot along side us and especially to Bartlein for providing us with lunch. Wow, so very generous....thank you all so much.

I especially would like to thank Mike and Jeff from Defiance Actions for shooting with me and my buddy. Talk about salt of the earth guys that were a blast to hang out with and shoot with. You guys rock. Oh, congrats Mike on your ranking....awesome job for anyone, let alone a first match.

I cant wait till next time.

Frank,
    It was great to finally meet you and I'm glad you never got a chance to christen my wife's rifle as I do not think all of the Oxy Clean would return it to pristine GA Precision condition.
    But more importantly I would like to thank you for resolving any issues with the PRS as it seems from the outside looking in both parties want to grow the discipline.
    Looking forward to shooting the CUP next year as announced it will be a PRS Points match.

So I'll need to rent your range finder for the weekend and start on the 6.5mm SAUM built for the extended ranges looking forward to it!!

It was an absolute blast this weekend. Met a lot of new faces this weekend and enjoyed catching up with the usual suspects on the two stages I was running.

Big thanks to all the sponsors that helped make George's vision happen. Good to see ya again Frank, always a treat when your running around the range. And thank you to the shooters pro and amateurs, everyone was safe and shot well in the hot NW Florida conditions.

Looking forward to the next one!

Eric Lundberg

I did forget to thank all the sponsors for the support and the RO's for sweating it out with us and keeping everything smooth and safe!! I hope Ken Lin didn't loose his virginity with that dang dress on!

Frank, it was good to meet you. Very thankful you guys were men enough to work this out! Excited about the future of this sport, My wife, Christine, was high lady amateur, and that has just fueled her fire, so I am sure you will be seeing us more!

Brian Allen

I still haven't made it to K&M, looks like the Pro/Am Grind was a huge success!

Glad to hear SH/PRS could bury the hatchet, I look forward to seeing the continued growth of the sport!

This match was my first major match after just starting to shoot in comps this past June with local club matches. I was very impressed with the facility, the thought put into the stages to make certain the team aspect remained in stages, the RO's, sponsers, shooters, and all the experienced shooters who stepped up as Pro's to help out us amateurs which in some cases was a sacrifice on their end. I enjoyed having the chance to speak with the sponsers during the match and in some squads to be able to shoot with them throughout the weekend. Everything ran very smooth and the lunches donated by Bartlein helped keep everyone going. My favorite stages were the shoot house and the bus as the movements and coordination required to do it smoothly as a team made it fun and rewarding.

A personal thank you to my Pro teammate David Kerley for his guidance and advice throughout the weekend, George, Shannon, Bryan, and everyone else that helped make it happen. I think most shooters were able to pick something up off the prize table and for that I would like to tank Tab Gear for putting items on the prize table along with all the other sponsers. I was already able to put my new TAB shooting mat to use this afternoon.

Frank, it was good to meet you in squad 5 on Sunday and a pleasure to shoot with you for the day. The weekend was fun and the humor helped when dealing with the heat and long days.

I'd like to first and foremost thank Shannon and George for pulling this whole thing together. I had a blast the entire weekend, even though I didn't care for the heat stroke weather. I'd also like to thank all of the sponsors, as the prize table at this event was utterly amazing! A special thanks to Bartlein Barrels for providing lunch for every shooter, and all of the staff for two days. I believe I speak for everyone when I say it was very much appreciated!

The ROs did an awesome job, and I applaud them for sweating it out at their stages every day. That takes some serious dedication.

The Pros were great, and everyone was friendly and helpful. By the time the event rolled around, I was pretty self sufficient, but still managed to pick up some new knowledge. I couldn't have asked for anything more out of my partner, Knox Crowe. I was happy that I got paired with someone who shoots much like I do (fast) and that enabled us to win the Peer 1 sponsor stage, sending me home with a little pocket cash.

All in all the event was awesome, the stages were well thought out, and time management was on point throughout the entire weekend. If you are on the fence about attending the next event, I would definitely suggest you save up and go all in for it, you won't regret it!

Last edited:
    What a match!!!

Did anyone not have a great time? Everyone was in a great mood and everyone had fun! I saw rookie shooters make their longest hits ever. I saw rookies out shoot pros. I even saw a 13 year old girl kick some dudes butt!!

The match was amazing and I believe it's here to stay. Thank you to all of the ROs, Shannon, and George. Also a huge thank you to the shooters. So many questions were asked about what gear you use and why. Questions on how to attack a stage. All sorts of learning went on and Everyone helped each other along the way.

People on the fence about shooting matches.....Save your pennies and attend the grind next year! It will pay huge dividends for you. I guarantee that!!

Thank you Frank for helping the PRS and the Hide come together and work as a team. Together we can help grow the sport bigger than most think possible. I also started lurking here a few years ago. Wanting to learn. I then moved into shooting at a club level and now try to keep up with the big dogs. It all started here on the hide. I have made some of my very best friends in life at while shooting these matches. Guys I only get to see on the line. I'm more thankful for this sport than most and will be willing to try my best to help in any way that I can to keep the sport growing.

A big THANKS to Shannon, George, Bryan and the staff at K&M for putting on the Gap Pro/Am. To the RO's for your help, support and time that you all give to make a match of this size a huge success, thank you.

Special thanks to the sponsors who give generously to these matches. You have my support.

For our new shooters and the pro's the weekend was fun and safe. Awesome in so many ways.

I hope this event will be here to stay and further promote the sport we all enjoy.

Best regards

Mark

One of the best matches of the year. Hats off to Shannon, George, Bryan, and all the RO's who showed up to make this happen. Was a very fun course of fire and setup as a team format, utilizing communication between shooters.

I was very honored to be partnered with an amazing shooter. Who was so eager to learn, and have a good time. Truly a blessing to be able to shoot with such a marksman. Looking forward to watching him take flight in the precision rifle world.

Well I had the honor of shooting with the 13 year old you guys have mentioned and let me tell ya... that young lady kicks ass. She's gonna be one to watch in the future for sure. She was a delight to shoot with and I hope I get the chance to shoot with her again.

Many thanks to the crew at K&M. I had so much fun at that match I sort of forgot it was a competition. Pretty sure that's a sign of a well run competition. The prize table was impressive and I was happy to see the amateurs have first run at it. Looking forward to more matches like this in the future.

I was pleased to see so many ladies on the roster as well. It was awesome to see so many new faces!! I'm hopeful that this will spark a long term interest in all of the amateurs and we see more of them out at competitions in the future.

I took a class in June with Shannon and he was pimping this match in a big way. I figured he was just promoting his thing but I decided to do it.
    I cannot begin to praise this event enough. I was fortunate to be in Frank's squad and also had a great pro partner in Ryan Allen. The entire experience has me wanting to get right back out a do it again as soon as possible.
    It is not often that an event like this surpassed the hype.
    This event is amazing!