• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My solar thread.

Any experience with vehicle mounted/camping versions?
Panel/s with portable power stations.
Anyone?

Looking into the above.

R
We have a few panels on our boat. 4 to be exact. 1 is dedicated to the battery bank "charger and de-sulphater" circuit.
1 is situated in the cabin, at the helm, to which there are 2 USB ports as well as a 12v cable hanging off it. We usually leave this one on the dash in the direct sun, for whatever electronicals we want to charge. I charge my coffee grinder off it, each morning. (right handy piece of kit, that one)
2 others we have mounted to the handrail at the bow, and are dedicated to the "Ukrainian Air Conditioning" that I'd created. It is essentially a 'swamp cooler' that uses the temp of the river at about 11-12' below the surface via a "cold leg".

We learned last year, that it'd be better to use a bucket (barrel?) on the dock with dock water and ice blocks in it, because the temperature of the river water that far deep was still nearly the same as ambient air temp. Surprised us, largely.

Reactions: Rthur
I went all in at the get go….

Myself.

A couple of friends help with labor here and there.