• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos My son on opening weekend....

jcsguns

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2011
McAllen, Texas
My youngest son, Brian opening weekend with the Remington 700 LTR 300 wsm. and a Walther P22 as his sidearm.

Re: My son on opening weekend....

That looks like South Texas brush to me.
grin.gif

we are hunting in a 523 acre ranch in hebbronville texas. east of laredo texas. we are neighbors to 3 high fence ranchs, but our east side is low fence. we have a great success rate in good size whitetail deer.that morning he saw a good size 8 pointer and made a great decision to pass in hopeing he would find something bigger since he already shot a 8 pointer the year before.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~Ace~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Muzzle Control </div></div>

It's great to see the young ones getting started early, but I agree, gotta teach them good etiquette.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tincan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~Ace~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Muzzle Control </div></div>

It's great to see the young ones getting started early, but I agree, gotta teach them good etiquette. </div></div>

I must agree. Nothing beats the first hunt, or the first day in the bush, BUT, with the many slings available for three point carry, muzzle sweep and unsafe handling issues should be dead with expereienced dad's teaching kids the proper rifle etiquette. My sons have only swept me once each, and the smack to the back of the head for improper carry has always worked well...quick too, and very therapeautic as well for dad!

"and the smack to the back of the head for improper carry has always worked well...quick too, and very therapeautic as well for dad!"

And I thought I was the only one left who does that!

Ch

If no sling, then a good "Left Shoulder, ARMS" or "Right Shoulder, ARMS" would suffice!

Can't wait for my kids to get a bit older.

thanks for all the good advice, cant wait to smack him behind the head. and my girlfriend to! she was the one taking the pictures.i agree safety first.

the stock is a remington stock manufactured by h s precision. yes i installed the cups.
if you guys and girls ever have the chance to take a tour of the h s precision facility, do it. it is awsome! they show you how they do their stocks, action barrels. i had a chance to see the israili sniper rifles they make for them. cool stuff.

awesome our kiwi kids can only dream of being this cool!!!