• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Surgeon Scalpel is just about tuned in...

WARDOG

Mountain Man
Minuteman
May 27, 2009
Elk City, Idaho
First I would like to thank all here who assisted me in answering my many questions about fireforming brass.
I've been working on fireforming brass and developing a load for my Surgeon Scalpel.
My son was visiting on leave before a shipping out to arm-pit-istan.
I shot this group. This was the first group of serious loads since fireforming brass and dealing with delay after delay with electronic powder scales (PACT, Acculab, & Sartorius all failed me).
I must say I am seriously impressed with Surgeon's work.
This was x5 shot group @ 100 yds from a <span style="text-decoration: underline">bag</span> <span style="font-style: italic">not a sled</span>, 7mm WSM, RL-25, Fed215M, Norma brass, Berger 180 VLD's.
Velocity was down for the distances I want this to shoot, so I am hoping the spread will not open up too much with another 200 fps.
<span style="font-weight: bold">+1 for Surgeon!</span>
Scalpelresults122011.jpg

Re: My Surgeon Scalpel is just about tuned in...

Geeez, that's all the better you could do?
laugh.gif

I don't think I could do that at 10ft with a target .22 pistol. And pistol shooting is my "strong point" in shooting!

I hope your load recipes work out for you!

-G45

Here she was a few months ago.
I made a muzzle brake for her but I can't put it on until I've got the loads worked out.
SurgeonBoltsideAAA-1.jpg

Thats fine looking rig! I can't wait to get my surgeon 260