• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My wife just left me over the coronavirus.

9mm as street currency....

True story...a buddy was in Venezuela in the late 80's when things went sideways with riots. He had actually smuggled a 9mm into the country inside a TV--a prohibited caliber I think, let a lone an illegal gun. He had it in his car going to go get some food. A cop--decent guy he said-- stopped him and saw the gun.

The only thing he asked for was a few rounds of ammo. Apparently the cop only had three rounds....my buddy gave him six more and went on his way.

ZY

Wow. Awesome story right there.

Bottom line is, if you want street currency in case of a societal upheaval or collapse, you want something that 99% of the people that you will encounter need the most. During the era of the Silk Road caravan commerce in imperial China, the most valuable commodities for trade or barter at mercantile outposts when a caravan stops to take on more supplies or rest from a long journey through the desert was succulent fruits and any food item with immediate nutritious value, such as dried wolfberries. (Goji, Lang mei) Many of the caravan guards and animal drovers as well as outpost personnel spend years of their servitude in the dry, hostile, and windswept Takla Makan or Pamir highlands. Gold, silver, and luxurious cloths are of absolute no use to them as they try to survive and keep healthy in the desert environment. Wagons in the caravans that are laden with dried fruits or succulents are often surrounded on all sides by mounted dragoons clad in double layered mail and plate with arrows nocked and bows held ready throughout a long haul. Anyone who tried to attack one of these often ended up with multiple holes through them even before they had completely laid bare their intentions.

Last edited:
Physicist or Engineer?

I am a biologist and I work with a bunch of physicist and engineers. This sounds like something they would say.

That or you really like Farscape.

I work with metals and transporting heavy loads so I guess I am a slight bit of both... And yes I really, really enjoy the Farscape series... To the point that I even started a thread on another gun forum once about the practicality of using a chemical based propellant to power a generator mechanism inside a new type of firearm that will convert the blast of energy from a regular smokeless or black powder cartridge case into a pulse of plasma or high energy subatomic particles that will do immediate damage to a target. We are technologically not there yet, so in the meantime, a good old fashioned lead or copper projectile is still the best energy transfer vehicle for the combustion of chemical propellants...

I work with metals and transporting heavy loads so I guess I am a slight bit of both... And yes I really, really enjoy the Farscape series... To the point that I even started a thread on another gun forum once about the practicality of using a chemical based propellant to power a generator mechanism inside a new type of firearm that will convert the blast of energy from a regular smokeless or black powder cartridge case into a pulse of plasma or high energy subatomic particles that will do immediate damage to a target. We are technologically not there yet, so in the meantime, a good old fashioned lead or copper projectile is still the best energy transfer vehicle for the combustion of chemical propellants...

So a new take on the Chemical Lasers idea sort of but not exactly?

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
So a new take on the Chemical Lasers idea sort of but not exactly?

LOL basically... The creators of Farscape pretty much used this concept for the Peacekeeper pulse weapons used in the series, with "chakan oil" instead of gunpowder. Edible too, think about that. One minute you are shooting pulses of yellow light at assailants, and the next minute you are draining the rest of your pistol's magazine to prepare a spaghetti dish... Too bad Olde Eynsford does not have culinary uses.

LOL basically... The creators of Farscape pretty much used this concept for the Peacekeeper pulse weapons used in the series, with "chakan oil" instead of gunpowder. Edible too, think about that. One minute you are shooting pulses of yellow light at assailants, and the next minute you are draining the rest of your pistol's magazine to prepare a spaghetti dish... Too bad Olde Eynsford does not have culinary uses.

Except when the little guy ate the stuff and his body processed it into the actual go boom stuff and turned himself into a walking bomb, with detonating urine...

As I recall, the raw product could be eaten, but not the actual refined weapons fuel?

There was this one alien that I think someone would have been able to have a ton of fun with, just so long as they brought a pallet of calcium pills with them.... Now where can I bulk buy calcium.... I'll worry about how to get over there later.

• Haha
1584467575524.png

Except when the little guy ate the stuff and his body processed it into the actual go boom stuff and turned himself into a walking bomb, with detonating urine...

As I recall, the raw product could be eaten, but not the actual refined weapons fuel?

There was this one alien that I think someone would have been able to have a ton of fun with, just so long as they brought a pallet of calcium pills with them.... Now where can I bulk buy calcium.... I'll worry about how to get over there later.

Yep, the name of that alien race was the Hynerians...
anim_lol.gif
Yodas with beards. Due to their biology I think it was stated that they cannot consume the oil or the root that it is made from, otherwise their stomachs will turn into living bombs basically. And for some peculiar reason, the cultivation process used to grow the base plant renders the soil that it is grown in unuseable after just one harvest... Probably a plot device used to keep the Peacekeeper empire hated and thus, in conflict with a multitude of other races whose planets had been forcibly commandeered to grow these peculiar crops. The Peacekeepers were basically modeled after the Byzantines in Asia Minor and the Fertile Crescent, it seems like. A lot of the Peacekeeper leaders even had Roman sounding names...

Wait a fucking minute..........toilet paper over Food,Water and last but not least, AMMO
How rediculous is that.

well when she comes running back after remembering you have the house , food and tp don't let her in let her remember it was her choice to leave never open the shelter doors after closing them lol

Where did she go? If this this is true there must be way more going on then what was posted

Unless you were going full on retard about purchasing the things you mentioned in the OP, like moving her Mercedes out of the garage and filling that stall with chow and asswipe and water, I would be singing that OLD song, "Thank God and Greyhound, She's GONE."

I have had the same Old Lady, Squaw, for 45 long years and if I were to suggest going and stocking up a bit before this clusterfuck going on now began, she would have just asked me, "Is the truck started yet or do you want me to start it." Now neither of us want to go anywhere as we have everything needed for a long haul, including each other.

We are always ready as to having provisions on hand for quite some time [them Mormons ain't got nothing on me].

If your purchases, providing they weren't too excessive and would hurt her, are all it took to get her to Jet, Eject, you had more problems than you knew about before and I would kick the bitch to the curb and move on.

Once she thinks about it and realizes the error of her ways and wants back in, I would tell her to hit the bricks. How many cocks has she sampled during that time away or how many carpets has she munched? Maybe she plays on the other team now? You only leave Me ONCE and that is the end.

I do hope you went and got the supplies you felt you needed and have them on hand for this crisis or the next.

IMHO she is a very shallow minded CUNT, can't understand normal thinking, and you will be much better off without her.

In the mean time I will hang on to what I have got and hope to go for 50 years with her as I Love her and she has NEVER let me down nor have I ever let her down.

I took a long time to find a Wife, many years, and did a few tryouts, but in the end I got what I wanted and what she wanted too. It takes 2 to Tango.

Sorry to break it to ya, but she might just be using it as an excuse to have more time with the bigger better cock she has been enjoying on the side lately. The one that is stretching her where you can’t.
Oh, and to dovetail onto this sage advice, when he gets tired of her and kicks her to the curb and she comes running back to you, slam the fucking door in her face. Never go back.

Last edited:
Wait a fucking minute..........toilet paper over Food,Water and last but not least, AMMO
How rediculous is that.

I think the TP shit has turned into a game. I mean, FFS...cmon, this isnt real...is it?

Maybe its just my lack of foresight...

Not everybody's got toys chambered in .338 Lapua, so in the post-Flupocalyptic wasteland, trying to barter using .338 Lapua will be like trying to tell a quantum physics joke to a normal Saturday night crew at your local bar*. Almost nobody will have the need for it. However, if you got 20,000 rounds of 9x19mm, you will be both an asset and a target... A well fortified target that is... But it will get you a lot of things.

*An even better analogy to having 20K rounds of .338 Lapua in a post-SHTF landscape would be like having "X-ray vision"... Which enables you to see wavelengths of light emitted in the x-ray frequency... Problem is, almost nothing that we encounter in our terrestrial existence emits photons in the x-ray range, so all you will see with your "x-ray vision" will be complete darkness, perhaps save for a few random and rare bursts of light from the night sky from a distant quasar or neutron star...
X-ray vision is composed of both a transmitter and a receiver. ?

But for a penetrating wavelength, the transmitter must be on the other side of the objects being viewed in order for the receiver to work... Ouch. Not sure if I want to be on the receiving end of the 'illumination source'...

X-rays are so dated.... the hot new thing is T-rays

• Haha
Not everybody's got toys chambered in .338 Lapua, so in the post-Flupocalyptic wasteland, trying to barter using .338 Lapua will be like trying to tell a quantum physics joke to a normal Saturday night crew at your local bar*. Almost nobody will have the need for it. However, if you got 20,000 rounds of 9x19mm, you will be both an asset and a target... A well fortified target that is... But it will get you a lot of things.

*An even better analogy to having 20K rounds of .338 Lapua in a post-SHTF landscape would be like having "X-ray vision"... Which enables you to see wavelengths of light emitted in the x-ray frequency... Problem is, almost nothing that we encounter in our terrestrial existence emits photons in the x-ray range, so all you will see with your "x-ray vision" will be complete darkness, perhaps save for a few random and rare bursts of light from the night sky from a distant quasar or neutron star...

I still can't figure out the 9mm run. Almost all 9mm ammo is FMJ which makes an already mediocre round even worse as far as terminal ballistics. It's why on that website that tracks Chicago shootings, something like 75% of them live because homie was popping off with some Tula or Winchester White Box.

I'm also not sure why people are going after pistol rounds when concerned about safety/defense when a 5.56 round is 1000 times more effective.

Plus, 99% of people can't shoot a handgun worth a shit. So if something did go down it would be like a mass cripple fight with FMJ 9mm.

I told her we needed to get bottled water and food today and she said I was was being paranoid.

She said she wants to get back together when I calm down.

my wife told me I should get a job. I gave her a solar powered lantern. And am looking for a contract job as an icu rn in the crusade against corona virus! Fucking cv ruining my good time! ..!..

I still can't figure out the 9mm run. Almost all 9mm ammo is FMJ which makes an already mediocre round even worse as far as terminal ballistics. It's why on that website that tracks Chicago shootings, something like 75% of them live because homie was popping off with some Tula or Winchester White Box.

I'm also not sure why people are going after pistol rounds when concerned about safety/defense when a 5.56 round is 1000 times more effective.

Plus, 99% of people can't shoot a handgun worth a shit. So if something did go down it would be like a mass cripple fight with FMJ 9mm.

Hard to go shopping with an AR on your back.

Even if you are within your legal rights, I would expect you might get arrested or hassled by the police.

Lots of folks will make phone calls if you roll out with an AR to get peanut butter at Costco.

Discretion is often the very best idea by a wide margin.
Be the grey man that fits in and looks perfectly normal and average, goes by unnoticed and doesn't attract attention.
Many resistance movements have relied very heavily on pistols to accomplish what they needed.

Walking around with an AR is going to make you a target of attention at the very least.

Having a good pistol, with some top notch ammo that you know how to shoot well is going to serve you FAR better in most urban and suburban environments than anything else.

That doesn't mean however that you don't have an AR ready at home, car, work etc, where if it really is going down, you can fight your way back to it quickly.

Be the grey man that fits in and looks perfectly normal and average, goes by unnoticed and doesn't attract attention.
Many resistance movements have relied very heavily on pistols to accomplish what they needed.

Walking around with an AR is going to make you a target of attention at the very least.

Having a good pistol, with some top notch ammo that you know how to shoot well is going to serve you FAR better in most urban and suburban environments than anything else.

That doesn't mean however that you don't have an AR ready at home, car, work etc, where if it really is going down, you can fight your way back to it quickly.

AR-15 is for guarding the toilet paper fort. Pistol is so you make it back to the TP fort from a TP run...

Reactions: W54/XM-388

Ok, smarty pants, now explain why the 22lr is gone...:oops:

You might check to see if you live in a state where you could win a lawsuit like this. Regardless of that, you should just say good riddance.

I was married to the most evil narcissistic she-devils that would chop you up like Dan Akroyd's Bass-o-matic. Pile her stuff out on the front lawn with a good-bye-don't-come-back sign. Just my .02 worth.

Reactions: Lesch and Snipe260

In the event that the meat section in the local supermarket goes empty because truck drivers either do not want to keep working over fear of catching the beer AIDS, or they are being hijacked *AHEM*, culturally enriched by certain segments of the population on their routes, some people are not going to just accept a changeover to a vegetarian or vegan diet. There is tasty meat running around everywhere amongst the trees and bushes... The more suburban/rural you go, the better the availability.
smiley_smartass.gif

Reactions: Mike Casselton

At my favourite local gun store there has been a run on .223 and 9mm ammo, but still plenty of .22LR on the shelf, perhaps things are different here?
I guess the Asians don't have the .22LR bug and just want the 9mm and the .223

In the event that the meat section in the local supermarket goes empty because truck drivers either do not want to keep working over fear of catching the beer AIDS, or they are being hijacked *AHEM*, culturally enriched by certain segments of the population on their routes, some people are not going to just accept a changeover to a vegetarian or vegan diet. There is tasty meat running around everywhere amongst the trees and bushes... The more suburban/rural you go, the better the availability.
smiley_smartass.gif

The meat racks at all the local stores are the first things that get stripped clean once people move on from the TP isle.
That being said if you are prepared to pay double or get other cuts / styles than are popular, there is still meat, but all the common stuff gets cleaned out at USSR style speeds.

The meat racks at all the local stores are the first things that get stripped clean once people move on from the TP isle.
That being said if you are prepared to pay double or get other cuts / styles than are popular, there is still meat, but all the common stuff gets cleaned out at USSR style speeds.

Hence the use for .22 LR... I'd live off of bushytails and waskily wabbits any day before I even go near canned meats...

Reactions: TACC
At my favourite local gun store there has been a run on .223 and 9mm ammo, but still plenty of .22LR on the shelf, perhaps things are different here?
I guess the Asians don't have the .22LR bug and just want the 9mm and the .223
Was at the LGS today an it was the same. This keeps up, opportunity may strike again like during the 22lr drought or after sandyhook

Those are so terrifying that they are banned everywhere. Only one guy reportedly has 4 out of the 5 ever built in his collection... 500 Internetz to anyone who gets that reference...

Those would be the Varon-T disruptors owned or were owned by Kivas Fajo, I believe the federation confiscated them after his arrest.

Can internetz be exchanged for quatloos?

If there are any left to be exchanged... I am sure by now, the decendants of the former thralls have demanded enough reparations to bankrupt the providers, and whatever quatloos the providers have left are going into carbon taxes levied upon them by the same thrall descendants who are now occupying seats in government...

• Haha
Reactions: OldSalty