• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

My wife says she wants a C.C. holster...

TLong

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2009
Alabama
www.1042blue.wixsite.com
My wife approached me today and said there is a guy at work that "creeps" her out, and she wants to be able to carry while at work. She already has her CCW permit, and is familiar with what firearms we have. My predicament is she is in the medical field and wears scrubs. Not a lot of options as far as belt type holsters. She is also pregnant and in maternity pants, which for some reason come up to just about her breasts, so a paddle holster is out. She asked about a shoulder holster, and I shot that down due to not accessible quickly. I'm thinking ankle holster. Any other suggestions? As far as firepower goes, she has a Ruger LCP, Taurus 38spl, and Glock 27 .40. Due to size and weight I'm reluctant to have her lugging around the 27 on her ankle, (I did it for 6 years on duty). I'm wanting to say a Fobus style ankle with the LCP, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: My wife says she wants a C.C. holster...

The Galco Purse holsters have worked well for the females in my family. Not quite as good as on your body.... but better than an ankle holster that doesn't get worn.....

Many health care workers also use fanny packs.... Might be a low ride on a pregosourus rex!@...

Now lets talk about giving a pregnant woman a gun....

My wife would have shot me 20 times over!

She has a purse/bag that would work, but she doesn't carry it with her all the time. I'll ask about a fanny pack.
She will not have it with her in the delivery process for sure!

I recommend a Galco Ankle Lite. I have used one for years. It is a quality product, very comfortable and keeps the weapon secure. I highly recommend it.

+1 for Galco, but, check out the ankle glove. There is a calf strap option that works for me. If she IS gonna carry the G27, and she wants extra mags, DeSanti has a leg mag holster that is very comfortable as well

Id check out the belly band set up as well. I know a couple people who swear by them.

WOW you shot down your wife's idea for shoulder holster for an ankle holster on the basis of accessibility ?

is your wife's feet closer to her hands than her shoulders ??

IMHO you should let her carry in the shoulder holster. I know several doctors and nurses locally that carry in upside down shoulder rig underneath scrubs with no problems.

Shoulder holsters are difficult to hide with lightweight cotton scrubs- it would print awfully easy. That could lead to some problems!

Bellyband/concealed underwear or ankle holster would be my advisement.

Got my wife a belly band from this place http://www.pistolwear.com it is ROCK SOLID! Not you typical belly band no doubt! I've worn it on runs with my Glock 19 and a Model 17s spare mag for a reload as well as a large folding knife before! She likes it but prefers a little nicer IWB holster for everyday carry due to better access while fighting. She purse carried the last 10mos (while pregnant with our son).

I typically HIGHLY discourage Ankle carry for most people due to access problems in a FIGHT, I CAN'T even see it as an option for a Pregnant woman! Can she even tie her own shoes right now?! My wife couldn't the majority of the pregnancy much less draw a DEFENSIVE firearm from her ankle under duress! That just seems really absurd to even think of that as an option. Pocket carry would be ok too with the LCP. I'm not generally a fan of lesser powered pistols than 9mm but having one is CRUTIAL for her at this point! Fanny pack is another great option I use a version of this method in the gym myself...

"Fanny pack is another great option I use a version of this method in the gym myself..."

Holy Crap!
That must be a rough gym.
You live in Ragland, AL???

My wife is not that prego right now...only 16 weeks. Again, she has it in her mind that this dude is going to show up and start laying waste to everyone, so she will likely already be on the ground or crouched behind her desk, which is another reason I was opting for the ankle holster. When she gets bigger, I am going to recommend a purse/fanny pack type setup. The belly band is an option too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Fanny pack is another great option I use a version of this method in the gym myself..."

Holy Crap!
That must be a rough gym.
You live in Ragland, AL???
</div></div>

No actually it's peaceful in my city, because men carry guns and a life of crime could cost ALOT in my area!

The important part is that she knows she wants to carry a gun! I hope you've gotten her the most important thing... Training! All equipment is in vain if you lack the mindset and skill to use it in order to win!

Congrats on the baby!

Some pretty good choices for women who want carry options HERE

Is she actually worried about needing in the medical area she works? If so I would say ankle holster, but if she is worried about the to and from the parking lot then a little purse holster will work great

If she wants to carry, I would recommend something that will be consistant thoughout her pregnancy. That would lead me away from the ankle holster.

The bigger issue is: Has she contacted her HR department, her boss, or better yet, local LEO about this individual. It would be better to stop any "action" BEFORE she is "so she will likely already be on the ground or crouched behind her desk,".

Good luck.

Maxpower220,

Have you actually ever tried to do that.....

Contact management or LEO for someone who has yet to break the law, but scares the hell out of you!

Not that simple and may draw just the kind of attention she wishes to avoid.

In my mind, the first time he should become aware of her....

Is when she draws.... smooth and fast.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maxpower220</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The bigger issue is: Has she contacted her HR department, her boss, or better yet, local LEO about this individual. It would be better to stop any "action" BEFORE she is "so she will likely already be on the ground or crouched behind her desk,".
Good luck.</div></div>
<span style="color: #FF0000">Yes she has, as well as other coworkers. They have complained but like Harris51 said, boogey woogies isn't a crime, and HR sees $$ signs instead of a potential threat. </span>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Harris51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maxpower220,
In my mind, the first time he should become aware of her....

Is when she draws.... smooth and fast.</div></div>
<span style="color: #FF0000">I also agree </span>