• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My wife thought I was insane!

awe2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2010
pleasantshade,tn
I have not been here long,but have found that I am not alone in the world.My wife thinks that I am crazy for buying guns and ammo everytime we or I go somewhere.I hardly ever go out with out buying something related to weapons of somesort.Today at work I found out I was not crazy.A guy at work was talking in the breakroom about how man rounds he had.I thought I had alot of rounds.The way he "talked" he had thousands of rounds for everthing he had,and had built his house "BASEMENT FOR ZOMBIE INVAISION" in mind.Am I behind or do you all think that this guy is full of shit. I have at least 500 rounds for everything I have.I don't know about zombies, but what about government regulations?I am buying ammo and reloading stuff whenever I can find it.Sorry so long.

Re: My wife thought I was insane!

You guys are lucky in the states as bullets are reasonably prices there in comparison to here .20 rounds of match ammo is around $65 nz dollars , 500gr of powder $69 .I reload and fire $50 per week .I dream of having 500 rounds available

You guys got bullets!! All i have is a slingshot,300 skittles,and a daisy red rider. Damn!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wtf are you buying the bullets one at a time or what? </div></div>

I just about pissed myself laughing....Thats funny shit right there!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: txhippo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys got bullets!! All i have is a slingshot,300 skittles,and a daisy red rider. Damn!!! </div></div>

Watch somebody doesn't gank you for the skittles when you put your eye out, Ralphie ...

awe2,

From mil surplus ammo to reloads I got just over 8,000 rds in 308 and 223.
Needless to say I don't go shopping for ammo. It's like grocery shopping in your own back yard.
grin.gif

Not crazy I have close to 10,000 rd 223 10,000, 10mm and so on 40sw 9mm 308 not so many 7mm few thousand and and since the 50 has been here only a month or two only about 2 hundred but working on it. yes I do reload most of those are factory. one room dedicated to ammo in the house till i some more safes. shoot it then reload till brass is toast toss it. also pick range clean of all brass. I do not buy ammo often any more. But when you take friends or family to range a couple of thousand rounds in on trip is not uncommon. So i might need to get more
wink.gif
Guess I should charge them, besides when family is there i can't shoot to busy teaching them the basics

I wish you guys would just post up the address of where all this ammo is stored. It would make life easier for Locals an Uncle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish you guys would just post up the address of where all this ammo is stored. It would make life easier for Locals an Uncle. </div></div>

You know as well as I do uncle doesn't need anyone to post an address
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: txhippo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys got bullets!! All i have is a slingshot,300 skittles,and a daisy red rider. Damn!!! </div></div>

Watch somebody doesn't gank you for the skittles when you put your eye out, Ralphie ... </div></div>

You'll shoot your eye out, you'll shoot your eye out,,,,,,,,,CLASSIC,,,,,,,mmmmmmmm,,,now I want some skittles,, bastards

My wife looked into my ammo cabnet not to long ago. She could not believe how much I had. I asked why do you need to buy more. Then she cut me off, no more ammo! demaned my CC. Now she's asking why I am moaping weekends and why I do not go shooting as often as before. I can't believe she's asking me that...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wards75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wtf are you buying the bullets one at a time or what? </div></div>

I just about pissed myself laughing....Thats funny shit right there!!! </div></div>

That's what I thought.

I replace what I shoot each week.I try to keep at least 500 rounds for what I shoot.I had no idea this was so common.I can't imagine haveing 10,000 rounds for one gun.And no,I don't buy one bullet at a time.HA HA.All this shit is getting so high thats about all I can do.I just started reloading, so maybe I can I add to it a little.And why is there always someone who makes fun of you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys are lucky in the states as bullets are reasonably prices there in comparison to here .20 rounds of match ammo is around $65 nz dollars , 500gr of powder $69 .I reload and fire $50 per week .I dream of having 500 rounds available </div></div>

When you get more enlightened you will be able to purchase ammunition and reloading components in quantities more befitting a man.

Maybe she's right. I was a hoarder once. Still am, but guns and ammo are no longer on that menu.

Right about the time I moved North from urban NYC/NJ to rural central NY, I was contemplating the enormity of the task implied in moving it all.

This led to a re-examination of the entire purpose behind all of it.

Let's consider a few tactical realities.

How many guns can one shoot at any given time? If specific scenarios require specific implements, wouldn't it be best to choose a few which are recognized as ideal for their primary given tasks, and perhaps are capable of some overlap between applications? How long can one manage to set up a significant base of fire before one attracts way too much of precisely the wrong kind of attention?

'Tactical' and 'reality' are terms which impose significant limitations when taken as a single whole.

I have a Garand and two .30-'06 hunting rifles. For me and a friend. I have a Win .94AE .44mag and a 20ga Semi for the Wife, and an SKS for her friend. There are assorted .22LR's for lesser purposes. I figure If I was able to employ 100 really effective shots with each of the non-rimfires, I'd be making a repectable name for myself. Anything the rimfires might also accomplish is just gravy.

By these criteria, I still have way more than enough ammo, and still have a few redundant firearms. I'm working on that.

Before you ask, no. Just no. Family first.

Greg

NO !! awe2 i do not believe you are crazy, in fact, your tag line says it all<span style="color: #3333FF"> "It's better to have it and not need it,than it is to need it and not have it."</span> tell your wife that she needs to change her attitude about buying guns & ammo, my wife at times at gun shows or gun shops says "why didn't you buy that,________ (gun, knife, ammo or shooting related stuff)

every gun owner needs a supporting wife, many of us do.

i reload and buy bulk bullets, primers and powder, haven't shot a factory round in years, (except for the .22LR) when .223/5.56mm were in the $130.00 a 1,000 range, i bought a "few" cases, when that ammo hit the $150.00 a 1,000 i quit buying, so i have several thousands of LC/WCC rounds in reserve
wink.gif
as for current reloaded ammo, i have just a tad over 2,000 rnds of .499 LWR and 10,000 5.56mm NATO reloads, plus about 15,000 .22 LRRF

IT doesnt matter how much you got buried in the basement .
what matters is how much you shoot.
I cant stockpile like some guys can.
I wanna shoot it .

I'm inclined to agree with Greg. If the "zombies" come out for a brain buffet a ton of ammo and weapons may be a liability.

In the "Hobby/Sport" we're in, it's Hard to Safely Store All Our Componets. Whether you're a Shooter, or a Collector, if the "Zombies", (Unemployed or Government-Employed), Want to find you, THEY WILL! I just Hope we're all READY for Them!!
If/When The Time Comes, I Hope EVERYONE OF US IS A Collector AND A GOOD SHOT!!!

PS. Praise The Lord & Pass The Ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ThudF105d</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My wife looked into my ammo cabnet not to long ago. She could not believe how much I had. I asked why do you need to buy more. Then she cut me off, no more ammo! demaned my CC. Now she's asking why I am moaping weekends and why I do not go shooting as often as before. I can't believe she's asking me that... </div></div>

Next time you talk to her, ask for your CC AND your balls back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SAMURAIWARRIOR23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never let anyone know what you have in your stock piles,its tactically unsafe especially the wife. </div></div>

Really. I don't get people who are willing to post up every frigging thing they own for public inspection, especially when it comes to bulk, irreplaceable items and revealing security precautions. It just doesn't make a damned bit of sense.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SAMURAIWARRIOR23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never let anyone know what you have in your stock piles,its tactically unsafe especially the wife. </div></div>

Really. I don't get people who are willing to post up every frigging thing they own for public inspection, especially when it comes to bulk, irreplaceable items and revealing security precautions. It just doesn't make a damned bit of sense. </div></div>

I'll bet thieves just love it when folks post up pictures of the "collection" too. If you think you're anonymous on the internet, you don't know the sandbox you're playing in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jr81452</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SAMURAIWARRIOR23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never let anyone know what you have in your stock piles,its tactically unsafe especially the wife. </div></div>

Really. I don't get people who are willing to post up every frigging thing they own for public inspection, especially when it comes to bulk, irreplaceable items and revealing security precautions. It just doesn't make a damned bit of sense. </div></div>

I'll bet thieves just love it when folks post up pictures of the "collection" too. If you think you're anonymous on the internet, you don't know the sandbox you're playing in. </div></div>

Amen to that! I don't why folks seem to forget that they are NOT in fact chatting with a few like-minded friends on internet fora, but rather the whole goddamned world if they choose to "tune in."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really. I don't get people who are willing to post up every frigging thing they own for public inspection, especially when it comes to bulk, irreplaceable items and revealing security precautions. It just doesn't make a damned bit of sense.</div></div>

did you ever think those photos are "borrowed" ?? you are right, it doesn't make a damned bit of sense, but i have often thought it could be a "Sting" op to lure in those who would deprive an honest citizen of their property and rights..., just a thought !

When I see a "Show us your..." thread, I just sorta chuckle and move on. Like what I got, how much, etc., is anybody else's business. Within reason, I will make incremental disclosures, but much of the info I have posted in the past is obsolete now, and never was a totality. In all the years I've been here, I have posted two pictures. They had me in them, and my face was visible in both. WYSIWYG, and it ain't a whole lot to begin with.

Greg

Thanks for all the feed back.Haven't been on in a couple of days,had cat scratch fever.No BS, it's not just a song.The cat is no longer with us.He didn't do it on purpose,but can't have the kids getting that stuff.It's a whole lot of not fun.

I just had 20,000 primers delivered.... That's a solid weekend of loading on the 650

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just had 20,000 primers delivered.... That's a solid weekend of loading on the 650 </div></div>

how old is your 650 ? how many rounds do you estimate you have reloaded ? i started having crushed primers, inserted side ways and upside down, i called Dillon, Monday, explained my problem on Tuesday i got a package of replacement parts plus alignment tools/gages, cleaned all the crap out of it, relubed what needed, put it all back together aligning everything so the full stroke of the arm is in timing, loaded about 50 rnds, as fast as i could and NOT one hang-up or malfunction, runs like new once more, BTW i estimated 100,000+ rnds to the Dillon reps. they all are great people.