• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My WTF car dealership moments of the week

New Car Shortage and Housing Shortage + INFLATION

This is the transition phase where people are beginning to realize that there is something amiss and real income/value doesn't equal gross income/value.

Because the prices have increased before personal wealth/disposable income increased, the next phase will be demand for more wage growth to keep up; or consumption will fall off significantly.

Well I'll tell ya...a few years back if you told me I'd end up with something like this I'd laughed at you lol...funny how the road turns and here you are. The wife makes pretty good money (I'm retired) and we ended up buying some property on the east side of our state to get away from the craziness of the west side (Seattle area). Selling one house and building the other while living in the 5th wheel seemed like the best path. We're older too so we've had the time to maneuver financially. You'll get there no worries 👍

you speak the truth.

if anyone told me I’d be where I am, I’d LOL them.

went from being told I had tuned my life to now being told I’m privileged. Go figure.

the secrete to my success is being to stupid to know how truly fucked I am and BELIEVING hard work and dedication was all it took. Yet here we are!

mom happy to hear of your success! Thank you.

Guess I’m gonna sell my shitbox for 4K over what I paid for it in hopes someone will be dumb enough to actually buy it if this is the case. This is insane to me

The only vehicle i paid over 500 bucks for is my camaro. Even my smiley chassis race car was only 500 bucks. I will always buy broken and keep it till its worthless. I love owning everything i have. House, cars, guns, land... all paid for in cash.

Go ahead and sell it. What are you going to buy to replace it?

Real estate agent told us we could clear $100k if we sold our house. Really, what do you have for us to buy that is better? Crickets...

When we were selling our last house I averaged three calls per week from the "We Buy Houses, Cash" types. They would never make me an offer and would hang up when I told them what it was listed for.

I just bought a tundra —guy sold it for his father — 2000 4.7 liter v8 — 68,000 miles -4wd access cab

toyota just replaced the frame last week — never met the father but he must have been a small guy, driver seat isn’t even broken in yet

gave $7k for it

you guys make me think I should list it for silly money and see what happens
With a fresh frame it will sell for $10k in my area. If not more. Shit id be tempted to buy it.. I need another first gen.

If you've noticed, Ford really F'd-up the new 'stang, even made it elec.. So...yeah, that could be part of the reason people are paying a little extra. Made the 'stang the new "Man-Bun" ride. Mac

You're confusing the "Mustang Mach-E" with the plain ol' Mustang. You can get the latter with a variety of engines, up to a 760 HP supercharged V8. If that is "F'd-up" to you, then you cannot be helped any further in understanding this matter.

Reactions: 308pirate
Wonder if motorcycles are in the same "shortage" id love to unload my Harley.

Harley dealer called me 2 weeks ago to buy my bike... I said "yea give me a price" and sent him pics, vin, mileage, etc... He comes back with 15k... I said "you have the same bike as mine, but 1 year older on your website for 22k, you are going to put my bike up there for AT LEAST that if not more, so you can go fuck yourself with your 15k offer"... He says "what you want for it" and I told him "I am reasonable and understand you need to make money so im not asking you for 22 or 23k, but I wont sell it to you for less than 20k... "oh we could NEVER GO THAT HIGH" and I said "get fucked and hope you can make 7-8k dollars off of some other idiot" and hung up the phone... never heard back...

So harley dealers need bikes... retail prices seem to be way up, but they still want to fuck you on the price of your bike.

Got a txt this morning. College roommate is driving 200 miles to pay $5k for a 1980’s Toyota pickup and he “hopes it runs” 😂🤣

in college we found an 83 and repaired the holes in the floor w old license plates with rivets and covered our rickety cricket with w roll on bed liner. Then we “sent it” off every jump we could find.

Idk if my body can handle it but im excited for him.

Reactions: whiskeytower
Harley dealer called me 2 weeks ago to buy my bike... I said "yea give me a price" and sent him pics, vin, mileage, etc... He comes back with 15k... I said "you have the same bike as mine, but 1 year older on your website for 22k, you are going to put my bike up there for AT LEAST that if not more, so you can go fuck yourself with your 15k offer"... He says "what you want for it" and I told him "I am reasonable and understand you need to make money so im not asking you for 22 or 23k, but I wont sell it to you for less than 20k... "oh we could NEVER GO THAT HIGH" and I said "get fucked and hope you can make 7-8k dollars off of some other idiot" and hung up the phone... never heard back...

So harley dealers need bikes... retail prices seem to be way up, but they still want to fuck you on the price of your bike.
Im gonna call them. My bikes just sitting doing nothing, thanks for the info.

Im gonna call them. My bikes just sitting doing nothing, thanks for the info.

my point was... clean it up and sell it private party... you will get A TON MORE money for it... Mine's going on the market this week after I get some good pictures of it.

Unless your dealer, who you have bought 3 Harley's from, isnt a bunch of scumbags...

my point was... clean it up and sell it private party... you will get A TON MORE money for it... Mine's going on the market this week after I get some good pictures of it.

Unless your dealer, who you have bought 3 Harley's from, isnt a bunch of scumbags...
oh they are total scumbags but i know some of the sales guys outside of the shop. Gonna shine her up and put her out there.

The problem is that most of these people buying shit are not buying it with real money, they’ve got that fake ass stimulus money to make a down payment, that without the stimulus check they got with there wife and 19 kids they never would have afforded, they’ve never had anything new ever, and I think in 6 months to a year there is gonna be a shitload of low mileage vehicles on the market so these retards can get out from under that 1500 a month payment when they have to go back to work and out of Biden fantasy world!

Got a txt this morning. College roommate is driving 200 miles to pay $5k for a 1980’s Toyota pickup and he “hopes it runs” 😂🤣

in college we found an 83 and repaired the holes in the floor w old license plates with rivets and covered our rickety cricket with w roll on bed liner. Then we “sent it” off every jump we could find.

Idk if my body can handle it but im excited for him.
Looks like im gonna have to pull the 91 sr5 out of the weeds and do a head gasket job on the 3vze lol

You're confusing the "Mustang Mach-E" with the plain ol' Mustang. You can get the latter with a variety of engines, up to a 760 HP supercharged V8. If that is "F'd-up" to you, then you cannot be helped any further in understanding this matter.
Sorry I hurt your "Man-Bun" feelings there pal. I was just referring to the t.v. commercial E-car.
I've got my vehicles, so, not in the market for anything at this time.
The lots where I live, are empty of "Performance" cars. So, there's that. Mac🖕

Just curious...why don't you ride anymore ?
Just fell out of love with it. Don’t have many pals that ride and the ones that do, are total flakes. “We gonna ride brother, we’ll set something up yada yada yada” Used to ride before I had a family. I would rather take a drive with the family than by myself. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Bender
Just fell out of love with it. Don’t have many pals that ride and the ones that do, are total flakes. “We gonna ride brother, we’ll set something up yada yada yada” Used to ride before I had a family. I would rather take a drive with the family than by myself. 🤷‍♂️
Totally get it...especially not having good friends to ride with. My kids were grown when I started riding a lot so half the time the wife was with me...that of course drove the need for more than one bike...a full dresser for rides with her and either the road king for me when alone or the one in my profile banner. I'll admit I used the dresser when the weather was sh*t...I rode year round mostly unless the roads were icy.

Sorry you lost the joy...there'll be bike's around later in life if it comes back 👍

Life is good if you played your cards right in the last year. I just bought a new Tahoe for the Wife and Suburban for me. they gave me way to much for my trades LOL

Just curious...why don't you ride anymore ?
I quit riding on the road on my bike because nobody pays attention anymore. Phones and news papers.... they dont even see you on a bike anymore. I still cruise backroads some days but im pretty much converted to dirt only lately.

I say;

In 6 months to a year, the latest shakedown/catastrophic financial event (CV 21, Iran nuking someone, etc.) will have hit and those that have mortgaged themselves to the hilt will be pushing stolen shopping carts with one wheel missing under freeway overpasses and climbing under their cheap chinese blue tarps and going night, night.

This is a seller's market, not a buyer's market. It's going to last another 6 months, tops. In 18 months, the equivalent vehicle that you mentioned will be going for $14K wholesale, tops. Mannheim will be full of all those vehicles that are selling for premiums right now and the bids will be few and far between.
You may be off on your timeline, but the end game you describe is spot on. I’ve given up on trying to time when fools wake up. The fact that they will and that this will all end badly, that’s not really in question at this point. Of course the “answer” to the downturn will involve more stimulus of some type. If we manage to avoid deflation it will only be through more aggressive inflation. The problem is that all of this purchasing reflects bad investments by the buyer and the banks - all that printed money being used to purchase at market value can evaporate quickly when the market value decreases.

this correction is going to leave a deep mark. Don’t get caught up in this shit.

Last edited:
I quit riding on the road on my bike because nobody pays attention anymore. Phones and news papers.... they dont even see you on a bike anymore. I still cruise backroads some days but im pretty much converted to dirt only lately.
Yeah I hear that too...I've lost count a long time ago of the near misses I've had...no doubt I've kept my guardian angel pretty busy. You basically have to assume every fricken driver on the roads main purpose is to run your *ss over as you know. I've also lost count of how many times I've put the bike on the stand at a stoplight to have a "friendly chat" with a few f*cking idiots that don't deserve to even have a driver's license.

I bought a pretty rusty 06 4x4 silverado a couple years ago for 3500. Now the lowest condition on KBB shows it's "worth" at least 2 grand more!

I bought a pretty rusty 06 4x4 silverado a couple years ago for 3500. Now the lowest condition on KBB shows it's "worth" at least 2 grand more!
Jesus... rusty and all for 3500?..... im just too cheap to do that. Rather buy one broken lol.
16223332747012923755628380094162.jpg

I gave 400 for this ranger a few years back, had to drop 1000 on a new motor. And i put the bumper and winch on but thats work related. Since then its made me 6 figures a few times over. It feels like im still living in the past and everybody is talking about another world with these ridiculous prices... and for vehicles that are designed to break at regular intervals....

I/we have a '99 F150 4x4, 4.6 litre, and there is a bit of body on the rust. The frame and drive-train are great.... except for the rust.

Makes me wonder what it's worth. 345k'ish, iirc. ;)

Just ran the private party values on our trucks today, Lol, our tundra limited and 2 tacoma's could pay off our mortgage. Of course that means taking out car loans again. I'm enjoying no car notes for the time being.

Reactions: Bender
I just bought a tundra —guy sold it for his father — 2000 4.7 liter v8 — 68,000 miles -4wd access cab

toyota just replaced the frame last week — never met the father but he must have been a small guy, driver seat isn’t even broken in yet

gave $7k for it

you guys make me think I should list it for silly money and see what happens
I'll give you 12k

Bought my oldest, 16yo, a 2007 tacoma 4x4 with 50k miles last year. KBB.COM says it's worth 2x what we paid for it. Awful tempted to cash out.

I/we have a '99 F150 4x4, 4.6 litre, and there is a bit of body on the rust. The frame and drive-train are great.... except for the rust.

Makes me wonder what it's worth. 345k'ish, iirc. ;)
I bought this same truck except a 90 with the 5.0 running standard 4x4 i paid 200 bucks. I wanted the motor for my 91 mustang gt. Its gonna be some bullshit if the normies catch wind of prices and start acting like everything is barret jackson....

Jesus... rusty and all for 3500?..... im just too cheap to do that. Rather buy one broken lol. View attachment 7636396
I gave 400 for this ranger a few years back, had to drop 1000 on a new motor. And i put the bumper and winch on but thats work related. Since then its made me 6 figures a few times over. It feels like im still living in the past and everybody is talking about another world with these ridiculous prices... and for vehicles that are designed to break at regular intervals....
I was ok with a little body rust because I drive it on the beach all the time, so it's gonna get rusty anyway. No reason to ruin a perfectly good truck. I'm only hoping to get 5 years or so outta the truck, and still way cheaper than anything late model. Next one is going to be a 80s square body chevy 4x4

I’m not selling shit.
For many years, I have been attending garage sales and estate sales. This statement (above) rings true. The garage sale people are simply unloading junk.... A local man runs a business of selling off Estates (owners have died). Lots of good stuff there, at a $price$.

What I am seeing that is drawing good money is camping gear. Sleeping bags, cots, cast iron cookware, Coleman cook stoves, keroscene lanters's, water storage, solar showers,, etc. Not seeing people buy tents, water sport items or mobile camping stuff.

It's almost as if they are getting ready to camp, cook and survive in their back yards.

I’m watching an uptick in high quality goods being hard to get, and the cheaper shit isn’t moving.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
OK, getting though most of this thread. Shortages on ammo, shortages on reloading supplies, previously a shortage on firearms that seems to be easing, shortages on meat, shortages on vehicles,

Can someone tell me (besides BS national leadership) what is not in short supply?

OK, getting though most of this thread. Shortages on ammo, shortages on reloading supplies, previously a shortage on firearms that seems to be easing, shortages on meat, shortages on vehicles,

Can someone tell me (besides BS national leadership) what is not in short supply?

Sarcasm and Karen’s.