• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos My younger daughter driving....

Brians708

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2009
Central Texas
I started my oldest on rimfire at 6yrs. Now her younger sister just turned 6 and is learning to drive:).... on rimfire.

Shooting a mod 10/22 w/ m402 can.
Steel Prairie dog at 65yrds...
"Hurry papa, load another magazine"

Re: My younger daughter driving....

My daughter in 2 1/2 and I can't wait to take her shooting.

That's freakin sweet. "Hurry papa, load another magazine" is what I want to hear if I ever become a father lol. I think it's great that you start educating your young ones about firearm safety and shooting at a young age. Well, load her another mag!
smile.gif

good show but doesn't she need a shorter rifle I started both of mine at that age and twenty years later they are still at it we started with a chipmunk

Shorter LOP- Yes, but this is the first time out with her. She is a midgit compared to her sister at the same age. I do have another 10/22 stock and I may whack it down to fit her... but it's gonna be like 10"! Usually the kid rifles are 12-13". We managed anyway to find her a modified shooting pos that worked for the intro:)

This almost makes me want to start having kids so I can start teaching them everything, but then you think about the tradeoff where I'd have pretty much no money to be buying any new toys.

It seems like she can't reach her hand around the thumbhole; maybe a regular Monte Carlo style stock would be easier.

My nieces are almost 4; hopefully they'll be shooting in the next couple years.

I got my daughter a 10/22 Junior model for her 7th birthday. Soon she will move up to a .223 bolt action and my youngest will get the 10/22 until she gets old enough for a little more power. Just because they are little girls doesn't mean they have to be girlie.

Awwww... I remember these days....back when both my girls where 6 & 7 it was new...fun and CHEAP!!!!

Now they are 16 & 17... X2.. RockRivers with 6 -30rnd. magazines a piece and Kimber 1911’s strapped to their hips with 4 magazines’s a piece....360 rounds of .223 later...and 64 .45 cal.....Man!!!! The brass does fly...just tearing up IPSC targets in just about 5 to 10 mins!!!

Freaking barrels are smoking and looking like warm butter....”Dad did you bring any more rounds? We’re not ready to go home yet!!!”
grin.gif
<--- This is their look when asking that question!

You got a lot more to look forward too and money to spend....BUT IT”S WORTH IT!!!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .308 LPT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awwww... I remember these days....back when both my girls where 6 & 7 it was new...fun and CHEAP!!!!

Now they are 16 & 17... X2.. RockRivers with 6 -30rnd. magazines a piece and Kimber 1911&#146;s strapped to their hips with 4 magazines&#146;s a piece....360 rounds of .223 later...and 64 .45 cal.....Man!!!! The brass does fly...just tearing up IPSC targets in just about 5 to 10 mins!!!

Freaking barrels are smoking and looking like warm butter....&#148;Dad did you bring any more rounds? We&#146;re not ready to go home yet!!!&#148;
grin.gif
<--- This is their look when asking that question!

You got a lot more to look forward too and money to spend....BUT IT&#148;S WORTH IT!!!
wink.gif

</div></div>
I like that........Well done......SmokeRolls

thats AWESOME! I'm starting my niece on a Powerline 880 this summer...she will be 4 1/2. she keeps wanting to go hunting with grandpa and myself.
Sex is good for practice but I'm <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">damn neer ready</span></span> to make babies just so they can say...daddy lets go practice shooting something.

Mine is 7 and ive wanted to start her on the basics but I thought it was to early. Just curious, how did you approach this with the mother and how did your daughter act when you told her she was going to shoot a rifle?

You're lucky like you can't believe. I tried to get my kids to shoot, no dice. No interest, couldn't get them interested no matter how simple/fun I tried to make it.

Hate to say it, too much of their mother in them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brians708</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I started my oldest on rimfire at 6yrs. Now her younger sister just turned 6 and is learning to drive:).... on rimfire.

Shooting a mod 10/22 w/ m402 can.
Steel Prairie dog at 65yrds...
"Hurry papa, load another magazine"
</div></div>AWESOME!!!!!!

I still have my first rifle, think I was 5 when I got it. Marlin single shot bolt .22 rim. I carry it in the deerstand with a handful of CB caps. Really short LOP, but I love that little rifle.

I had a housefire when I was 17 and the gun was destroyed, or so i thought. My dad took it, had the barrel cerakoted and refinished the stock. Gave it to me as an early xmas gift. I admit, I got all teary eyed. Still drives tacks.

Keep it up with your kids, they're the future.