• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mystery Ranch or Eberlestock

jcsparky

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
Anchorage Alaska
Im looking for some hands on experience w one or the other.
MR 6500 NICE
Eberlestock V69 destroyer.

I'm thinking the MR so I can use it to with out the bag and pack out game.

Are they same or does one fit better / more comfortable than the other. I'm 6'4 235..

Re: Mystery Ranch or Eberlestock

The mystery ranch is awesome but heavy. I don't have any experience with the V69 but their products are well made.

To me, the quality and comfort of the Mystery Ranch packs are much better than Eberlestock.

I've been looking at packs here recently also. I own a Mystery Ranch SATL that I got while I was in the MIL. The quality is really great and their customer service is great (I ordered an upgraded hip belt). I'm debating on purchasing their military 3-Day Assault pack or their Sweat Pea model...while their packs are pretty pricey they're made in America and that made the decision for me...Its discouraging when I go into a retail store and everything from North Face, Patagonia, etc. are all made in China. Mystery Ranch is based out of Montana and as far as I know they hand make the packs there. Good people to deal with.

A few years back I went antelope hunting with a buddy who had a Mystery Ranch pack (Longbow). Before that I assumed that all packs were pretty much the same. Then I saw him strap a field dressed buck between the frame and the pack and how cleverly the Mystery Ranch system was...and when I used his pack for my buck, I was sold. It's a really versatile system, very useful for hunting.

I just bought a load sling for my Longbow. For longer hunting trips, I'll use the longbow bag. For day hunts, I remove the bag, put on the load sling and use the belt pockets for storage.

I'm happy to pay a premium for American made quality.

I'm a backpacker and hunter. I own a Dana Designs terraplane pack and love it for winter backcountry ski camping. Had it when Dana owned Dana Designs. I'm sure his Mystery Ranch packs are just as high in quality.

BUT... Eberlestock packs are MADE to carry a rifle and are well constructed. Believe me, I've seen and used a lot of backpacks so I know quality.

For my purposes I'd go with an Eberlestock pack/rifle carrier. However YMMV. (Your Mileage May Vary)