• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

n.308 Surplus ammo

knighthawk001

Private
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2009
I have 120 rounds of CETME 7.62 FMJ that I got for a good deal. When I bought it I didn't realize it had corrosive primers. Is this stuff OK to shoot out of my rem 700 .308? The box reads CETME CSP-003 7.62mm 1962. I don't want to mess up my nice clean bore with corrosive ammo. If I clean it really good after each session is it OK?

Re: n.308 Surplus ammo

Shooting it will not hurt anything, but you need to clean the bore with the old stinky military bore cleaner, or you can use wet patches with Dawn and hot water. Wipe it dry and oil the bore. You can check it a few days later with a clean patch.

in my mosin when i run surplus i run water and windex down the barrel then clean it like normal clean it as soon as you can after shooting