• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nancy, Chuck, the Little Girl from Westchester County, and Elijah, et al., P!ssed Me Off So Much That ...

Veer_G

Beware of the Dildópony!
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2008
SEPA
I found myself making a home for yet another orphan, whose former owner had to put it into the "pound" because he was going into an old age home.

It just looked at me pitifully, and I couldn't say no.

20181107_230033.png

You're thinking, no doubt, that this was quite the departure for me, hater of all things Glock.

20181107_230203.png

No worries. Glock doesn't make pinned and recessed Model 19s, especially not cherry ones in nickel.

20181107_230230.png

I think that I shall call this cruel bitch of steel and wood ... Nancy.

So, what did you do to mitigate your election anxiety by way of retail therapy?

I'm more partial to blued steel but any S&W from a period before "locks" is a thing of mechanical beauty to me.

Reactions: 1J04
Had one just like that. Loved that pistol. I gave it to someone and regret doing it. I've given a lot of guns away and that's the only one I regret.

You're reloading now, right? Downloading 357 brass to 38spl pressure will be good for the pistol and leave the cylinders clean vs shooting 38's through it. I wouldn't shoot too many, but 158 semi jacketed over full charge of h110 will bring out the beast!

Edit: I believe the barrel on mine may have been a bit longer.

Reactions: Badfinger and 1J04
Veer, you need a wicked pimp hat to go along with that blingish Mod 19. Good stuff there.

I filled a few shopping carts full of ammo, and took the plunge into 6.5 Grendel with a few uppers and parts kits. I hit the purchase button on the carts once I was sure we had lost the house.

I put together a 5.56 conversion plate onto an M7 linker. Getting all that cosmoline off was a bitch! Finally got it put together. I still need to get the 7.62 put together but some of those cold war bolts are stuck and soaking in Kroil.

Now to link all that ammo @ArmyJerry coaxed me into buying and hopefully Saturday let her rip!

1541678726505.jpeg

I bought a stripped spikes lower to start a new build.

Searched the PX, found and purchased another WFT trimmer and 500 LC brass. Made a list of .224 AR and .30 SMK projectiles for near time purchase. Set up the 5.56 assembly line and knocked out about 150 rounds. Gave some thought the the .308 project, still looking for a load. Looked at all the SA 700's, considering a .223 varmint build, need a donor action. Taking the eldest grand daughter on a P.dog safari spring of 19, that will keep the mind (what's left of it) occupied.

If I get bored, there's several thousand of these things that can get made:
PB080339.JPG

.224 50 and 55 varmint bullets.

Plan on tuning out the news other than staying informed at a basic level. Tune rifles, build ammo, fly below the radar. My plan for the next two years.

Reactions: RNWRKNP and 1J04

Searched the PX, found and purchased another WFT trimmer and 500 LC brass. Made a list of .224 AR and .30 SMK projectiles for near time purchase. Set up the 5.56 assembly line and knocked out about 150 rounds. Gave some thought the the .308 project, still looking for a load. Looked at all the SA 700's, considering a .223 varmint build, need a donor action. Taking the eldest grand daughter on a P.dog safari spring of 19, that will keep the mind (what's left of it) occupied.

If I get bored, there's several thousand of these things that can get made:View attachment 6967572

.224 50 and 55 varmint bullets.

Plan on tuning out the news other than staying informed at a basic level. Tune rifles, build ammo, fly below the radar. My plan for the next two years.

Are you making your own jacketed pills?
Do you have a homemade staging process?

Screengrab.
I am so proud of all of you.

@sirhrmechanic , you should have let me interviene.

@MosesTheTank , I think I already have the wicked cool pimp hat, yes?

@johnnycat , you're out-Sirhring Sirhr . Any big plans for the Indian cannons for which I just know you're maneuvering?

Yes. I was however envisioning attaching the plumage of the Golden Pheasant while enjoying a pint at Tavern on The Hill, or perhaps more severely festooned with feathers of the Indian Peafowl while strutting the streets of Hunting Park.

Screengrab.

Yes. I was however envisioning attaching the plumage of the Golden Pheasant while enjoying a pint at Tavern on The Hill, or perhaps more severely festooned with feathers of the Indian Peafowl while strutting the streets of Hunting Park.

A peacock turban in Hunting Park? Are you crazy?

Hell, even the po-po goes into Hunting Park at their peril.

1400_hunting_park_ppd_accident.JPG

The cook Nette is very nasty..bad attitude and she doesn't wear a hairnet, gloves or an apron. Also, in order to get your food without waiting a long time you must buy her a drink. Bad customer service I don't recommend this place.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/roys-comfort-zone-philadelphia

You go there, and you'd better let me arrange for native bearers, Moish sahib.

The results of the election have me wanting to actually seal up the wallet and awaiting the ass reaming the Dems are going to exact on my paycheck.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the collective wisdom of the stock market yesterday indicated the world will not end.

Perhaps having the real power of the senate remain R tempers the change of power in the house. If Tester had lost and Cinema loses I will feel better still.

Right now Im only complying with @ArmyJerry 's mantra and will probably buy another 100 rounds of match grade Lapua 30-06 from the CMP.

Big purchases will be on hold until I see traitors in hand cuffs.

Reactions: 1J04 and johnnycat
The results of the election have me wanting to actually seal up the wallet and awaiting the ass reaming the Dems are going to exact on my paycheck.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the collective wisdom of the stock market yesterday indicated the world will not end.

Perhaps having the real power of the senate remain R tempers the change of power in the house. If Tester had lost and Cinema loses I will feel better still.

Right now Im only complying with @ArmyJerry 's mantra and will probably buy another 100 rounds of match grade Lapua 30-06 from the CMP.

Big purchases will be on hold until I see traitors in hand cuffs.

I lied.

Just bought a bunch of first aid/tourniquet gear Ive been thinking I should have.

MtnCreek and
IowaPlinker.

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do

PB080340.JPG

Left is the core seater, right the point up press. These are old Don Rorshach dies purchased used by me about 1998. He was one of the first guys to start cutting carbide for bullet dies. By today's standards their are rough in the inside finish, but make really good bullets. Pointer makes a 7S tangent ogive point which is very easy to tune. The ejection pin is .062, I've modified it so the bullet is ejected by pushing on the core, not the tip. This yields a nice .065 open point. I've driven the Sierra jacketed 55's at 3800, pure splat on critters.

PB080341.JPG

Pressure band of .0001" over diameter. I use Sierra .705 for 55's, J4 .705 for 50's. Sierra's usually have runout of .0001-.0003", J4's a little less. My guns can't tell the difference. My last lot of J4's had less than .0001" runout.

Swaging is fun, but not really cost effective. I could replace a lot of barrels with what is tied up in the gear. Doesn't mean I'm going to sell them.

If you have any questions, shoot a a PM, we'll talk.

Move the scale and tricker to the other side, ditch the swaging for fl sizers and add a 1/2" ply to the top and that would be me. Should North and South have at it again, I believe we might would spot one another, give a nod and move on. Have a good evening.

I put together a 5.56 conversion plate onto an M7 linker. Getting all that cosmoline off was a bitch! Finally got it put together. I still need to get the 7.62 put together but some of those cold war bolts are stuck and soaking in Kroil.

Now to link all that ammo @ArmyJerry coaxed me into buying and hopefully Saturday let her rip!

View attachment 6967564

That's funny, I used my NON converted linker to finish off a 200rd. can of API! Handloading for the M2 is certainly cheaper, but it's a LOT of work. And you can blow through a day's work in a minute. But the giggles are worth it. Too bad they don't make an oversize 1050 for loading.

I saw an automated linker for sale, I couldn't afford it but it made me wonder who did buy it. That guy has to be going through serious fucking ammo to need that.

Boiling water dissolves cosmoline pretty well. Or rather, turns it into oil that floats. It's the only way. That or a pressure washer. Yours is all shiny and shit, mine looks like a cast iron skillet.

Reactions: johnnycat