• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NASCAR is Now "Woke"

Arc Light

Sheeple Herder
Minuteman
  • Aug 13, 2012
    Mountainside
    Or teach them how to ride dirt bikes, shoot guns and use tools.

That is playing, too!

Sirhr
    348D9EEA-C9BC-4DA6-96FD-6A97B209ACA5.jpeg

Hi,

Maybe it is time for consumers to become "woke" to the idea that businesses are using your "thoughts and traditions of said business" for nothing more than to take your money...

They have no desire to truly stand for what you believe they stand for....it is strictly business for them.

It is a domino effect.....
    Nascar could give two shits about your beliefs, my beliefs, his beliefs, her beliefs, its' beliefs.....none of that matters!!
    What matters is not having even larger companies stop sponsoring abc racing team because Nascar did not give xyz their 5 minutes of fame.

Sincerely,
    Theis

NASCAR just announced banning the Confederate Flag at races. Never watched it but talk about shitting on your fan base. I am done with pro sports and there is alot more productive ways to spend my time like going to the range and working in the shop.

Reactions: 10ring'r
    I will show my age here, give the days of Richard ‘The King’ Petty, Junior Johnson, Cale Yarborough, and AJ Foyt.

Maxwell
    You forgot High Groove Harry.

I was very lucky to have George Billetdeaux (AJ Foyt's long time head engine builder) as my teacher when I first set out to learn performance engine building in the early 90's. I always liked Sterling Marlin as well. That was a good time to be a fan, now not so much!

The next time I go to a Nascar track will be the next time they put clay on Bristol. They did it in 2000 & 2001 and It was awesome. Sprint Cars were running 8-10mph faster then cup cars with 2/3 banking. And that was when cup cars had less restrictions.

Super late model race below. I was rooting for Boober Bare 00, Great Guy.

Reactions: Maxwell
    One positive thing for nascar: They have 2020 to get used to having NOBODY in the stands at the live events. It actually began a few years ago, but after this latest ration of bullshit from them, let's just say parking probably won't be a problem at the tracks. I gave up that shit years ago, and am happier for it. Now I can do something enjoyable on Sunday, like shoot!

NASCAR was in the shitter already. Their tickets went to the outrageous zone and the stands were half empty. Viewership was down because there's no real personality in any of the drivers. Now people are realizing how much time they wasted and have moved to other things.
    I really hope that all pro sports take a dive into the porta john. Fuck them and their uneducated bullshit. It's been in the last few months that two NFL players were arrested for holding up an entire nightclub, or some shit, taking everyone's money and valuable. Yeah, these are the thugs that are screaming BLM or that kappershit should still be in the NFL.

I wrote off Nascar several years ago. Probably somewhere between Harry Gant retiring and good ol' #3 terrible crash; just left pale skinned wimps for drivers.

I am NOT a fan of:

NASCAR: They make unlimited left turns...Remember that figure 8 racing when the drivers got strung out and they had to cross at the intersection? Reminds me of the intersection a block away from my house.
    FOOTBALL: A bunch of fat old men in tight satin pants bumping into each other. Reminds me of Bumper Cars at the pier.
    BASEBALL: People only go to watch the grass grow and get good reception on their mobiles.
    BASKETBALL: Players run down the court so a ref can call a FOUL. Free throws follow...run the other way down the court...FOUL...Free throws...etc., etc., etc., ad infinitum, ad nauseum.
    I could go on, but you get the picture...What's that? You want to know my fave sport? EZ!

Women's Beach Volleyball...need I say more? :cool::p:love:

I always thought “stock car racing “ should involve stock cars. Make them go down to a dealership and buy one off the lot.

Reactions: Kir
    YOu old timers forgot Fireball Roberts:

Glenn "Fireball" Roberts
    www.hemmings.com › Stories

Though Glenn "Fireball" Roberts never won a NASCAR champi
    I'm not that old. He died 6 years before I was born.
    Sounds like his accident led to fire suites. I think it was Doug Wolfgang's sprint car accident that led to quick release steering wheels and Earnhart's that led to the Hans device.
    I have them to thank & the reason my wife is totally cool with me racing a few times a year. I had to add a Hans to my helmet for the last Champ car race I was in this past Sept.

Fast forward to now and we have George Floyd to thank for BLM & Rainbow stickers on cup cars, epic WTF:mad:

Note to self: Do not pick a nickname like Fireball, Shark bait, Skyfall etc.

I'm not that old. He died 6 years before I was born.
    Sounds like his accident led to fire suites. I think it was Doug Wolfgang's sprint car accident that led to quick release steering wheels and Earnhart's that led to the Hans device.
    I have them to thank & the reason my wife is totally cool with me racing a few times a year. I had to add a Hans to my helmet for the last Champ car race I was in this past Sept.

Fast forward to now and we have George Floyd to thank for BLM & Rainbow stickers on cup cars, epic WTF:mad:

Note to self: Do not pick a nickname like Fireball, Shark bait, Skyfall etc.
    Hahaha! I got a chance to run a Cup car around Talladega (Rev-limited to 170 mph). Got strapped in to the HANS and someone outside to the left of the car said, “Look over here, I want to take your picture.” I tried to turn my head but it didn’t move. I tried harder and my head turned inside the helmet, but the helmet continued to face rigidly straight ahead. I have the pic today and I look like such a dork. It looks like I had my helmet knocked sideways. One thing’s for sure, that thing doesn’t move! And, 170 on a Super Speedway is like driving on the interstate as long as you stay low in the turns.

WOW, vindictive peeps here. For the record...I have prob played more sports then your average bear. Usually the tallest in my group...I think mebbe you all critiquing the sports you think I have not played...The usual, but in addition...Jai Alai, Calf roping and an obstacle course are the more diverse sports I have been in. For the mean spirited, my parents are both deceased, may they RIP! Although a bit of their ashes are on the castle grounds...
    That was for those who know not what they speak!

WOW, vindictive peeps here. For the record...I have prob played more sports then your average bear. Usually the tallest in my group...I think mebbe you all critiquing the sports you think I have not played...The usual, but in addition...Jai Alai, Calf roping and an obstacle course are the more diverse sports I have been in. For the mean spirited, my parents are both deceased, may they RIP! Although a bit of their ashes are on the castle grounds...
    That was for those who know not what they speak!
    Stare-down any Walmart greeters lately?

• Haha
    Reactions: Edgecrusher
    Hahaha! I got a chance to run a Cup car around Talladega (Rev-limited to 170 mph). Got strapped in to the HANS and someone outside to the left of the car said, “Look over here, I want to take your picture.” I tried to turn my head but it didn’t move. I tried harder and my head turned inside the helmet, but the helmet continued to face rigidly straight ahead. I have the pic today and I look like such a dork. It looks like I had my helmet knocked sideways. One thing’s for sure, that thing doesn’t move! And, 170 on a Super Speedway is like driving on the interstate as long as you stay low in the turns.
    I climbed in the car and told the guy that rides in the right seat he must be crazy. He let out a crazy laugh.

And, 170 on a Super Speedway is like driving on the interstate as long as you stay low in the turns.

Yeah, the banking definitely takes the drama out of going fast through the turns. But 180-ish down the back straight at Daytona feels pretty fast in the road-course configuration, since the "bus stop" chicane demands one's attention. Coming off the tri-oval into Turn 1 of the infield is also a pucker moment. Saying a few prayers for the guy who last touched the brakes isn't necessarily a bad idea.

My fender-to-fender racing experience is limited to shitty cars at low speeds on road courses, but I imagine that going side by side into a corner in even the tamest oval is a lot tougher than it looks on TV when the guy next to you is willing to trade your safety to improve his chances at taking the checkered flag. So while stock-car racing may not be my first choice for motorsport entertainment, I'm also not likely to fling invective at drivers who participate. Those guys have my respect.

00FB43A8-5F77-47BF-A19C-95E5A38C055F.gif
    Are they trying to go broke?

so the only black driver in NASCAR wants to do away with most of the fan base, and the people who spend the most money, over the confederate flag?
    I see this going nowhere, but if it does, NASCAR is over.

Look to the NFL over the prior 18 months, expect the same for NASCAR - empty seats like they've never seen.

Reactions: Edgecrusher