• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

National Vietnam Veterans Day

There should be a basic competency test before you’re allowed to post here. It’s not a personal attack, but just something that would eliminate 90% of the ill-conceived arguments that are allowed to manifest and waste people’s time.

All this effort should have been spent on remembering those who served in the SEA conflict, but here I am having to point out that a sentence isn’t a paragraph. Please take a refresher in English writing. Then take a formal course in the intellectual standards of critical thinking. There are actual standards. My statements are in harmony with them.
One sentence can in fact be a paragraph. Now you know. This argument of yours is borderline retarded. 😂

I’m not the one that needs a course in critical thinking. There is a man posting in this thread that thinks the military fights to preserve people’s freedoms while living in a country that forced half of them in every major conflict to fight against there will under gov’t threats of violence. Doesn’t sound like freedom to me. The same free country that has fake as fuck elections, millions pouring over the southern border, prisons holding political prisoners, police shutting down businesses while the gov’t murdered people and called it covid, people’s savings being wiped clean by thieving politicians using a number of cons, skyrocketing cost of living, three letter terrorists threatening parents of abused children that speak out at school board meetings and home visits to those that dare to speak out against the current administration. All this and more and somehow I’m the one who can’t think. Give me a break. On top of this you chime in with some absurd sentence/paragraph deflection tactic thinking you are intellectually superior and above having to make an argument. Weird.

I was fiddling around my “ I Love Me “ room today and saw this in a cruise book.. IF I hadn’t joined the Navy , I had a Sweet job teaching lifeguards ..40 hrs a week. 😉 , a 69 Chevelle SS 396. Had 29 cent Premium gas full of octane .. Folding money in my pocket. Life was good !!
BUT I had the draft in my mind and ears , so I joined.
This was my awakening as to , this shits dangerous ! Threw chocks and carried tie down chains , flight quarters 20 hours a day , 7 days a week…then a Mid Shitter watch..
Instead of getting my Lifeguard Instructor certification I got this ..and I don’t want thanks. 🇺🇸
IMG_1603.jpeg

Last edited:
One sentence can in fact be a paragraph. Now you know. This argument of yours is borderline retarded. 😂

I’m not the one that needs a course in critical thinking. There is a man posting in this thread that thinks the military fights to preserve people’s freedoms while living in a country that forced half of them in every major conflict to fight against there will under gov’t threats of violence. Doesn’t sound like freedom to me. The same free country that has fake as fuck elections, millions pouring over the southern border, prisons holding political prisoners, police shutting down businesses while the gov’t murdered people and called it covid, people’s savings being wiped clean by thieving politicians using a number of cons, skyrocketing cost of living, three letter terrorists threatening parents of abused children that speak out at school board meetings and home visits to those that dare to speak out against the current administration. All this and more and somehow I’m the one who can’t think. Give me a break. On top of this you chime in with some absurd sentence/paragraph deflection tactic thinking you are intellectually superior and above having to make an argument. Weird.
I will agree with you on what was written above for the most part (other than sentences and paragraphs), but you have no situational awareness...stop spewing your nonsense and start your own thread.

Reactions: Mcrider55
My dad served 13 months in Vietnam from 66-67. He joined the Corps in 65 because he didn’t want to get drafted into the Army or Navy.

He told me about his experiences over there and what happened to him when he got back to the states. Most of the time Vietnam vets were treated like shit and they didn’t deserve that.

I’m proud of what my dad did!

Thank you Vietnam Vets!!!

We all have the freedom of speach, which also gives us the freedom to look like an ass. I know I have a number of times. I see some others willing to spend the extra energy to show their asshole-iness.

Reactions: Mcrider55
Remember it well growing up. Many young men in our area went to VN, some didn't return and many of those who returned did not mentally. My best friend's uncle was KIA on his second tour. Turned 18 in '73 and still have my draft card somewhere 1A with a selective sequence number 8. Have the greatest respect for those who served over there and despise how they were treated.

I remember we had to travel to duty stations in our uniforms and having to pass thru that fucking zoo called LAX. Confrontations we're not unheard of between military and the freaks.

Heard MANY stories. These 70s era "peaceniks" were the first generation of the modern drugged up and mentally ill leftists. They were extremists in every sense and some of the psychos had been busted for trying to sneak guns and other weapons into secure areas, no doubt trying to harm those who were in uniform. These freaks and their subsequent waves of indoctrinated NPCs are the direct reason why the West Coast have completely gone to shit. In the 60s to the early 80s, they were mainly confined to their own neighborhoods of origin and only wreaked havoc in their own nests because the outlaw motorcycle clubs and the Italian Mafia had VERY strong presences everywhere, and the wiseguys would have had these freaks whacked if they had tried to infiltrate other towns and cities. But after the OMCs and the Mob were reduced to shadows of their former selves by the relentless RICO Act prosecutions of the 90s, the leftist blight pretty much spread unchecked.

1711872334058.png

A rather humbling depiction in my opinion- for those not savvy on what this picture represents- the 58K+ worth of 'dog tags' that you'll see here is in Chicago and each of the names captured here should be represented on the monument in DC as well as the traveling memorial of KIA's during Vietnam. And that's only one part of the story for those folks.

So all that to say- I've always been a bit standoffish with the 'thank you for your service' remarks but for our 'Nam vets- I just wanted to say from one Vet to another- "welcome home".

-LD