• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Navy SEAL and Army Special Forces Operator discuss Fighting Rifle Setup

I was a little disappointed they didn't talk about their own setups - the ones they're holding all belong to GT. I've progressively moved to a kind of similar build though over the past few years; 14.5 SR-15, NX8, Surefire light, and I run an Atlas bipod and rc2 supressor as needed. Does everything I need from point blank to 600 yards. I have other setups that do one thing better, but nothing as well rounded.

He’s got plenty of good content. Thought this was one of the better videos.
Honestly, it confirmed how I have been planning a couple builds. I thought it was good. I’m nobody though...

i ran into him a few times. He was never pararescue. He was SERE and now he is an ALO, which manages TACPs but is not a "TACP officer".

I knew he was related to TACP, thanks for the clarification.

Being new to various platforms and having purchased MRAD 6.5, DDM4 PDW, Benelli M4, Sig P320 X5 Legion, P320 RXP XCompact, and X365 in past six months, his videos are a good resource. I tend to use many resources and a bit of information from each in making a firearm selection. For me, his emphasis on training is important, and part of reason for this video, having a shout out to Fieldcraft Survival. They seem to be ramping up their training offerings nationally and based 90 minutes from me in Prescott AZ.

"If you ever" and "tip to butt" are annoyingly amusing. Garand Thumb is Travis Haleys' son.

Being new to various platforms and having purchased MRAD 6.5, DDM4 PDW, Benelli M4, Sig P320 X5 Legion, P320 RXP XCompact, and X365 in past six months, his videos are a good resource. I tend to use many resources and a bit of information from each in making a firearm selection. For me, his emphasis on training is important, and part of reason for this video, having a shout out to Fieldcraft Survival. They seem to be ramping up their training offerings nationally and based 90 minutes from me in Prescott AZ.

"If you ever" and "tip to butt" are annoyingly amusing. Garand Thumb is Travis Haleys' son.
He is not Travis Haleys son...

Kevin P Owens could be Frank's Irish brother. I'm surprised no one else noticed!

Kevin is legit, and I actually wish @lowlight would get him on the podcast. I'm sure it would be very entertaining and enlightening.
Kevin was intimately involved in the development of the new Barrett sniper rifle system. I believe he just retired in May 2020.

Kevin Owens

Kevin Owens grew up in Ireland where he served in the tier one counterterrorist force. After immigrating to the United States he served 24 years in the United States Army, 6 in the infantry and 18 in Special Forces. He served in combat in Iraq and Afghanistan multiple times, ran the Special Forces Sniper course and was in charge of all Force Modernization for Army Special Forces.

Kevin/ Frank
1596740680657.png
1596740920287.png

Last edited:
Kevin is awesome! I'm taking the Long Range Course @ Fieldcraft Survival with him in early October, and he's been very responsive when I have emailed him asking for input. Can't thank him enough. Got the NF ATACR 7-35x56 Tremor 3 on my MRAD 6.5 CM Today (Sorry a bit off topic).

IMG_3913.jpeg

Reactions: FishinGuns