• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nazi Mauser?

G

I ran across this Mauser for sale.
Any insight into who made it?

63n4u.jpg

Re: Nazi Mauser?

I think its probably not a german made mauser, its probably an eastern european copy, simply because on my mauser the swastika is incircled and has the eagle, from the nazi flags

like this one:

http://www.corpseindex.com/Prussia/prussia.98k.nazi.eagles.jpg

at a guess im thinking maybe tzechslovakia. Maybe be chinese like Amac says... need some more photos to be sure.

I'm not 100% sure, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that the Finns used a reversed swastika like that one, and the Nazis were allied to the Finns during the first part of WWII (mainly to act as a buffer state to the Soviets from the north) and that they supplied the Finns with some firearms early on in the war until the Finns got their Mosin refurb setups up to speed. So *could* it be something along that line? Maybe. Or maybe "Bubba" refinished the gun and thought he better put'em one of them thar Nassi-crosses back on it, so's everybody would know it was the bad guys gun? It certainly isn't like any German Nazi-era marking I've ever seen, that much I can say for sure.

Or maybe it *could* be a Nationalist Chinese mauser, maybe? What caliber is it?

Take the front scope base off. This is where the markings should be at to see who made it.

There are many Fake 'Nazi" markings on weapons these days due to the rising prices/demand for Nazi marked weapons/items.

IN 7x57, I'm thinking it probably was one of the Nationalist Chinese mausers that was built into what you have now, by refinishing it and adding the scope. Its fought all manner of desperate enemies- Hirohito, Mao, Bambi!
wink.gif

But if so, then the reversed swastika might well be correct on it- but just not Nazi German.

very sloppy for the Germans but not the Chinese. Also looks to have been rounded off with buffing wheel. $5 says its Chinese.

I agree with those who think it's a nationalist Chinese Mauser. I've seen the reversed swastika on Chinese weapons. The German's did not used the reverse swastika. The only problem I have is I believe the Chinese Mauser were 8mm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Santo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only problem I have is I believe the Chinese Mauser were 8mm. </div></div>

it could have been rebarreled sometime in the last 75 years.

referring to the 8mm chinese mauser.... im near as certain that the werhmacht german mauser was 7,92 x 57 IS (infantry spitzer) , so classed as an 8mm projectile as well.

It most probaly was rebarreled but it's collecter value was destroyed when it was sporterized but it can still be enjoyed as a hunting rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: azerious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">whats the weird cutout in the receiver above the bolt? </div></div>

Action is stripper clip slotted and that is the part taken out to aid the thumb in making sure the rounds are all fed in to the magasine.'

aka Thumb cut action.

/Chris