• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing Nebraska - Platte River Recreation Access Program

Flatwater77

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2020
Kearney, NE
New guy here working towards full membership. I don't have a lot to add to equipment forums etc. but thought I would pass along a really good free hunting opportunity in central Nebraska. I work for a Program that owns several thousand acres of ground along the Platte River in Nebraska and provides free access opportunities for hunting deer, waterfowl, etc. Something like 98% of land in Nebraska is privately held and the hunting is fantastic so folks end up shelling out $10,000+ for an annual lease. Because good hunting opportunities expensive and hard to come by, the access program (www.platteaccess.org) is focused on providing quality recreation opportunities to folks who don't have a place to hunt. In order to do that, we limit the number of people that can use each site on a daily basis using a free reservation system that caps use at something like one person per 200 - 300 acres.

It is kind of late to take advantage of the program this season but thought I would plug it anyway. Hit me up if you have any questions.

Cheers

Yes to turkey. Coyote is allowed as well but I think there are some limitations on how. Can’t remember for sure but it will be posted on the website.