• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need a 1-8 at $2K or less and need some help deciding....please!

Heh - I had forgotten the dead Steiner this month. Killed one on a .300 PRC AI gun - the IFS system stopped IFS'ing.

View attachment 7781867

I have seen the M8Xi. I think if you get the IFS one you have something super special. The non-ifs one is pretty good - very similar to the SB 1-8.
Dang, with as many optics as you've 'killed', you must shoot every day! Jealous...

As others have said, it you have an itch for x nothing else is going to scratch that itch.

I went through this with a Sig210. Had to have it even though after finger fucking a CZ Shadow2 I realized it was more in line with what I wanted the pistol for. Bought the 210. Like it very much but I’m always on the lookout for a reasonably priced Shadow 2.

IMO the Only way to really make a decision on what is really “right” for your needs is to get behind all of them at the same range, same day and run them through the paces. Unfortunately, you have to have a fair amount of friends with premium kit or take a class, etc where you’d have access. Even if you could go this in route your idea of what’s right may evolve over time.

As others have said, it you have an itch for x nothing else is going to scratch that itch.

I went through this with a Sig210. Had to have it even though after finger fucking a CZ Shadow2 I realized it was more in line with what I wanted the pistol for. Bought the 210. Like it very much but I’m always on the lookout for a reasonably priced Shadow 2.
Funny thing is....didn't even know I had 'the itch'; took me a lot of effort to come full circle. Hopefully, it works out great; if not, no worries. I have gotten feedback from three different owners (not the seller although he confirms) that love theirs so will keep fingers crossed.
Again, I appreciate all the help you all have provided. I've learned a lot.

Reactions: FatBoy

IMO the Only way to really make a decision on what is really “right” for your needs is to get behind all of them at the same range, same day and run them through the paces. Unfortunately, you have to have a fair amount of friends with premium kit or take a class, etc where you’d have access. Even if you could go this in route your idea of what’s right may evolve over time.
Or in my case I don't think anybody chimed in with having played with the Steiner M8xi so I figured I'll be the guinea pig and the glass has to be good so no loss (the illum is weak).

The new March 1-10x24 might be worth a look. Daylight bright center dot is SFP, reticle is FFP. Just like the fancy S&B. But smaller and lighter.

Reactions: FatBoy
A very good AR optic. Especially at $899.

Thanks. That particular one was pointed out to me....and I'm 'eyeing' it hard. I watched the video from earlier in the thread and he mentioned the 1-6 as being great. I've a couple scopes on Ebay at the moment so should have the funds for this soon. Like I said, need one for the SR15 so I'll be killing two birds basically.

Reactions: JDB55
Interesting thread. I've got what I considered for a long time the LPVO holy grail, the Mk8 CQBSS, and have it on my 18" proof bbl no expense spared do-it-all rifle. I've actually thought about going to a little higher magnification, even, but not sure what I could sell this for or what I would get to replace it with. So as I can't decide, it just sits in the safe looking all sexy and lightweight with the AR-15 sized stock, CF bbl, and lightweight handguard.

Attachments

• 20190504_115221.jpg
    20190504_115221.jpg
    486.3 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: Pipefitter I’m
I bought a Steiner P4Xi as a cheap solution for the Tactical Games. Outside of the smoking, I shot pretty well with it. That being said, I am waiting on the Eotech 1-10 FFP to drop. I'm specifically interested in the speed ring which is a comfortable point of reference since I have an EXPS 3 on my APC. I like the idea of the "speed ring" as a fast, short range option with the option to reach out to longer distances. Was looking at their 1-6 FFP but, thankfully, saw they were about to drop the 1-10 before I pulled the trigger. Anyone use the 1-6 or the 1-8 Vudu?

I shoot every day. My health is going to be deteriorating bad the next few years and I won't be able to shoot anymore, so I'm getting everything I can while I can.
Sorry to hear that man. I just turned 59 so sort of 'get it'. I hope you enjoy it as long as possible, sure sounds like you've done quite a lot of it. Wish you were a neighbor I could learn from and shoot with.

Reactions: stefan73
The new Eotech Vudo 1-10 FFP has promise. Same weight as the Gen3 1-10, safe’ish FOV, 1/2” longer. Would expect it to be daylight bright. 2 MRAD tree reticle options. Similar price to Credo, less than the Gen3 1-10.

Link - Vudo 1-10

Reactions: JDB55