• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need a Badass Commercial Mower

Here's your beast.
Badass would be an understatement.

I have mowed on an Exmark. I own two Scag zt’s, tiger cat and Turf Tiger II. GET A TURF TIGER!!!!! It is an absolute beast with the Vanguard efi. Deck is shaft driven and it has very near bush hog capabilities as far as tall, thick grass goes. Super comfy too. Beautiful cut.

Reactions: BufordTJustice
I'm thinking of starting a lawncare business in the Louisiana area, but can't find a badass commercial mower. Does anyone know where I might find a slightly used commercial mower so I can cut grass for coonasses with precision? Thanks!
I+see+what+you+did+there.gif

Reactions: Jgunner
If you have to mow under or around trees or do any hills or slopes then get a Ventrac or a 4wd Toro Groundsmaster. Groundsmaster's show up on the https://machinerytrader.com/ site which is a good starting place. They also occasionally show up on local Craigslist but if they are in good shape they go fast. Ventrac's have a much smaller dealer base.

You can also checkout https://www.lawnsite.com/ for good reviews of commercial equipment.

ZTR's are great for flat smooth spaces but your ass cheeks will pucker on the hills and slopes. ZTR's also suck for mowing under things like trees or bushes because that usually involves the operator getting scratched or smacked up.

You will usually get better fuel economy with a diesel but that is kind of going away with the newer "clean" diesels.

I guess coonass is a regional insult. Never heard that one.

I guarantee if you ask about trucks, cars, tractors, mowers, chainsaws, or tits .. you will get a reply in this place.

I love all the guys that think this was a serious thread. Lmfao
Guilty as charged. Thats what I get for stopping in the Pit first yesterday 🤦‍♂️

But it's still Walker or bust, for me. And I agree, the brush mower or 12" chipper would suit the OP's need

Reactions: Jgunner
Guilty as charged. Thats what I get for stopping in the Pit first yesterday 🤦‍♂️

But it's still Walker or bust, for me. And I agree, the brush mower or 12" chipper would suit the OP's need
Well, i had to be directed to the thread, so all good!

Reactions: AMGtuned
The Kabota diesels are very reliable ,the one my boss has even has a driveshaft the powers the deck , only thing is if you plan on mowing residential yrads you have to keep the deck small enough to get through the gates to the back yards so 48 inch is more practical, if your doing large yards with double gates then 60 inch is alot faster.

Grasshopper
Bad Boy
Dixie Chopper
That's pretty much it for the good stuff although X-Mark also makes some good ones they are much harder to find in coon-ass-ville.
Check out Louisiana power equipment in Sulphur La.

BTW, bad boy makes a 4x4 zero turn just for the boggy swamp areas. I don't think anyone else does.
Had a big Dixie chopper and a walk behind exmark when I cut lawns. Had a buddy come cut with me one day, he said he had run a zero turn before and I used the walk behind for slopes and tight areas so it took a little more skill. I let him take the Dixie, Well don’t ya know it the fucker took right off into the middle of the street with it and ended up in the ditch across the road. I walked over after watching it go down, before I could even finish asking “what the fuck was that?” He said “that damn sumbitch is fast as hell” he still swears to this day that the mower was at fault but I’m pretty sure he’s just a fucking idiot. Chalked it up as an $1100 lesson. Don’t trust other people.

JD, Kubota, Exmark or Hustler diesel. If you want to drop some coin, diesel...
I would add that the Ventrac 4500 is a beast of a little machine, comes with a diesel option, and has a lot of attachments for large scale brush clearing as well as large scale lawn care.

If you’re ever going to be cutting heavy stuff (especially wet) then Kubota diesel with rear discharge is the king dingaling. Kubotas gasser stuff is nice too but I’d buy Exmark for gas, they by far have the least amount of problems as long as you go with one of their mid range to higher end lines. I’d never touch a JD again and the hustlers, scags, and Dixie choppers are equally shitty. Kubota and Exmark really are the top dogs though.

Reactions: No_Call_Reengage
Scag Turf Tiger. I would get the B&S engine. Made in Japan by Dihatsu (Toyota) Get the 61" deck. The Kawi engine is made in China and burns oil like a b*(*&* even when new. I would avoid the Kubota engine turf tiger as mine has been a pain with engine troubles. Stay with the gasoline engines.
I second the Scag 61 followed closely behind by a Kubota. Engine is up to you, I have owned them all and had issues with each. Kawi have had bent pushrods, B&S burned oil like a mosquito fogger when filled to proper level (since new) but ran for 1500 hrs like this till one of my DA operators knocked the air filter off and trashed it.

Scag and Kubota are the only mowers on the market (some Gravelys) that have tapered roller bearing spindles.

Exmark if you want a mid level mower to beat the shit out of and put a set of spindles in about every grass season.

JD, in my opinion, has a chicken shit deck for true commercial service.

If you want an old battle wagon, the Hustler 400/4600 is a tank. Put a 1:1 gearbox on the deck and go. Had 2 stollen from me, 40hp 4 cylinder Ford engines.

Maybe....haha...sorry, couldn't resist. But they work cheap and mow close....and, depending on your kinks, maybe supply your Saturday night date also! LOL

photo-1602027438676-ad64751bdbc1