• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Need a little bit of direction with the 168 Berger Hybrid .30

Aimsmall55

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2010
Madison, Ms
Fixing to try and work up a load for these with an AAC SD .308. My thoughts are varget or IMR 4064. Will these bullets jump and still shoot? Anybody who can give me the skinny on what's working for them would be greatly appreciated. AS

they have a wide jump window but I think it depends on the chamber in your rifle. I have a couple of rifles that the bullets love .020 off or further. one rifle hates to jump, stopped using them in that rifle. I would try .020 off, if that doesn't work them jam 'em.

they have a wide jump window but I think it depends on the chamber in your rifle. I have a couple of rifles that the bullets love .020 off or further. one rifle hates to jump, stopped using them in that rifle. I would try .020 off, if that doesn't work them jam 'em.

Thanks.... What powder you running

I too am very interested in any loading data for the 168 Hybrid, there isn't much info out there for this bullet in .308 Win.

Berger sent me some data that they took straight from quickload a while back, I didn't trust it...

I just got some 2000mr, I've been wanting to try it. Been using 41.1 grains of IMR 4895

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My loads are hot so work up but in win brass and with br2's, 47.5gn of varget hammers, .012" jump, 2.265" base to ogive with hornady comparator. 2950fps. PP I think I had a good node around 50.5gn, ~3050fps.
Fwiw my lapua loads are typically 1gn less than win, with the 168's, 46.5 was way too hot....I actually stopped at 46gn.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I'm interested in the 2000MR and 168 hybrid combo also. Pushing an efficient bullet a little faster than usual....Hmmm interesting!

I guess that the only thing to do is experiment, or buy the Berger manual.

The bullets are a little expensive to do much experimenting with, so I guess I'll break down and buy the manual.

Probably be my luck that VV N140 or something is the "accuracy" powder.

As far as Jump" is concerned, I can't find the lands in my 700 with them yet, haven't done much work with these up til now.

I guess that the only thing to do is experiment, or buy the Berger manual.

The bullets are a little expensive to do much experimenting with, so I guess I'll break down and buy the manual.

Probably be my luck that VV N140 or something is the "accuracy" powder.

As far as Jump" is concerned, I can't find the lands in my 700 with them yet, haven't done much work with these up til now.

Yeah, I noticed the bearing surface is alot farther back than say the 185 juggernaut. Like WAY farther back. So with my 700 , jumping is the only option I have.

I'm using 42.8gr of IMR 4064 with small jump. Ssems to be a very forgiving round and load with various jumps.

PS-I'm using 168gr SMK.

Last edited: