• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision need a little help deciding on what clip on to buy.

shotgun70

Private
Minuteman
May 16, 2017
About to buy a clip on to shoot pigs and coyotes, planning on mounting it on a rifle with a vortex 4x12x40. plan on 200 yds or closer, looking at co x hd, co mr hd. I'm wanting to make sure I buy something that will work well for me. both units I'm thinking I want are Gen 2, as my budget dictates. any help or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Hi, I'm in the same boat but I'm leaning toward the c0-x mr- qs model as I like the blue vs green. I'm trying to see if stepping up from a gen 2+ to a gen 3 is worth the money.

I have the CO-X HD Gen 2+, The difference between it and my Gen 3 PVS-7 is like night and day. With an illuminator on high on a cloudy night I can barely see to make a 200 yd shot (which is a long way at night which I rarely do). Looking thru the PVS-7 at that range there was no issue with identification. If your shots will be under 100 yds the Gen 2 is fine but most with Gen 2 equipment wish they had dropped the extra coin and went with Gen 3. Thermal is where it's at but considerable more money for a top of the line one.

Hogshooter what model do you have? There are two different scopes with a big resolution difference.

Hi,

i have the co-lr on my 300wm in front of a leupold 6.5-20x50 scope. With. Loud cover and no moon/stars with the illuminator on I can see the ears on a deer, in a paddock surrounded by forest, twitch at 424m no problem. I usually us it on about 8-10x.

it is not G3, but is more than adequate for these ranges. I use it in conjunction with a handheld thermal for initial target detection.

my 2 cents worth, YMMV

I just came across ATN PS28-WPT but I cant find any comparisons to the Armasight.

Hi,

i have the co-lr on my 300wm in front of a leupold 6.5-20x50 scope. With. Loud cover and no moon/stars with the illuminator on I can see the ears on a deer, in a paddock surrounded by forest, twitch at 424m no problem. I usually us it on about 8-10x.

it is not G3, but is more than adequate for these ranges. I use it in conjunction with a handheld thermal for initial target detection.

my 2 cents worth, YMMV

would you buy it again?

Rem5,

i would most definitely buy buy it again! I just had a look for some of the photos I took through the scope with my iPhone - can't find them on my device. I posted them when we were on the scout site. Did a bit of a write up. I will see if I can find it

Get a thermal. With IR you can not detect hogs and totes in the brush but you can see them with thermal.once you shoot behind a thermal you will wonder why you ever considered IR. There is no comparison

Thermal was my first step into the deep end of the pool. Cost's, yes are scary but thermal is IMO better. Used NV for 28 years in the military, not a big fan. My only disappointment with thermal, be prepared to be let down if the humidity level is high (ZEUS). Your about to enter into a very expensive arena.

I got my hands on a built co mr with a really nice tube in it, great specs, a while back Along with some 14's, also have a thermal mono for spotting.

So after some time dabbling with both....I am currently saving my pennies for a thermal weapon sight, and will probably get rid off an i2 unit to help recoup.