• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need a new chrony

mattc51

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2002
missouri
So shot my first chronograph today after using one for the past 25 years. Was a standard shooting chrony and made myself a button to show SD, ED, AVG, Shot #. Guess it is time to upgrade to one that has the sensors separate from the computer. I have a magnetospeed but couldn't use it as I was tuning an adjustable gas block and had the handgaurd off, plus it doesn't work for handguns.

Magneto speed are damn reliable and affordable. Only down side is it’s strapped to the barrel.

Labradar is having a great sale right now. Get one, I love mine

+1 for the Labradar love mine but have never used any other type

Have (2) labradars and (1) magneto speed. My first Labradar bit the dust due to excessive muzzle blast from magnum rifles, I have since fab'd HD steel deflectors, so I don't worry about the shooter adjusting where muzzle is...The labradars are a little more "picky" than the barrel mounted type, just take some getting used to. I like the idea of making EVERY shot count during training, especially with the lighter, heavy recoiling rifles. Data from the labradar is sent to our phones and is either printed with a field printer or saved for later reviewing.

Been looking through some reviews and may need to pick up another shooting chrony. They seem to be the least picky about conditions. I would have to shoot a lot of chronies to make up for the price of the labradar. I also use it for pellet guns and paintball, which the shooting chrony can do without extra add-ons.

I own a Pact MarkIV with chrono, and I'm on my second Shooting Chony (blue, with detachable brain box). You can assume the reason I'm on my second...
My shooting chrony is my go to, I have the IR adapters for my Pact for low light or indoor and even with the lights it's way more picky than the shooting chrony. I looked at a labradar but unless I'm checking BC with my chrono down range not sure I'd get my money's worth out of it.

Have (2) labradars and (1) magneto speed. My first Labradar bit the dust due to excessive muzzle blast from magnum rifles, I have since fab'd HD steel deflectors, so I don't worry about the shooter adjusting where muzzle is...The labradars are a little more "picky" than the barrel mounted type, just take some getting used to. I like the idea of making EVERY shot count during training, especially with the lighter, heavy recoiling rifles. Data from the labradar is sent to our phones and is either printed with a field printer or saved for later reviewing.
try mounting the LB above the muzzle not to the side. aim with down the flight path. easy as pie

Reactions: Pbgt