• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need a New Project... 6.5GAP4S, 6.5PRC, or 6.5SS ?

Who all currently offers a medium action besides bighorn and defiance?
Bighorn, Lone peak and stiller run same footprints, defiance xm has to be different. I'd personally go with one of the 3 with same footprints as they'll be getting more aftermarket support. Hawkins just released multiple bottom metal and a billet 3rd hunter magazine option for the 3, however nothing for defiance.

Reactions: generalzip
A 140 berger from a 6.5 PRC could likely kill any animal in North America aside from a charging grizzly pretty easily.
I’ll certainly agree with that. A 140 Berger seems like it kills bigger then it is. I have gotten caught up in the heavier 6.5 options but I’m not sure if it’s really needed. I would love to see Berger make a elite hunter around 144 gr or see how the 144 lrht preforms on game. I think that may be the sweetheart weight in the saum/prc sized cases.

Reactions: generalzip
My recommendation:
Bighorn origin medium action
Xlr magnesium chassis
Carbon 20" 7.5 or 7.7tw barrel
Mdt xm magazines modded my kinport peak rifles for 3 round capacity. The new hawkins hunter billet mags should be a consideration as well. The medium action will only add a few oz and allow you to maximize the performance from tge 2.02" case length with heavy bullets seated out.
I'll be building on a SA Mausingfield.