• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need a plate carrier with plenty of adjustment.

SquarePizza

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2012
NY
I have been spending a lot of time at work in my plate carrier (paramedic) lately due to police/swat standoffs and other calls with violence.

The agency put condor carriers on the rigs years ago and I bought my own setup, using a similar condor carrier. Generally I am happy with it. Yes yes, I'm a poor so condor meet the budget. But I am 5'9" and 145lbs, and there just isn't enough adjustment in the quick release strap to get my rear plate up high enough.

When I was wearing it less than once a year I didn't care. But since covid I've been almost wearing it monthly.

I like carriers with a placard over the cummerbund (where I keep my trauma supplies) and a nice wide cummerbund, as I feel that carriers with narrow side straps are just too floppy.

I also need velcro on the upper chest and back to attach my paramedic identifier.

I have been looking at the 5.11 tactec but I'm not sure if it adjusts down far enough and I can't tell if the upper molle is velcro or not.

All the videos I've watched on it do not show the reviewer adjusting it to fit.

I would try a local uniform supply but covid killed the only one within 4 hours of me.

Has anyone used one of them? Or maybe has a different system I should look into? I'm trying to keep this under $300 if possible.

Look used! LOTS of folks use PCs very little, or not at all. Often enough it's things like police or mil who are not really allowed to use it, so legit gear is often rarely used.

Velocity is great. Also: Ferro Concepts, Spiritus Systems... others are also very, very clever on design. Good design and mfg quality matters for fit. Oh, also Esstac! I got their belt/cummerbund around both my Velocity PCs, so there's also some ability to mix-and-match stuff; many makers offer accessories and options or even their PCs as build-your-own.

New, I'd guess Agilite is good as I like their helmet covers, accessories. I love all SORD stuff but have never seen one of their PCs. UARM makes nice stuff for decent costs, and some very low profile things. Both those are going to have pretty solid lead times due to overseas shipping.

Prices? SORD, just for one random example, often has sales so sign up. New retail price for their slickest simplest PC is $74.25. Top tier stuff doesn't have to be cheap.

Plates! Matter! A! Lot! You have to use what is issued or is that also something you can update? Can talk plates also.

I looked at this briefly, but after watching a review on the k19, it might be what I'm looking for. I think the shoulders may have enough adjustment for my skinny frame.

For plates I've been using hesco 3600 multicurves. At 2.8lbs a plate, I absolutely love them.

The company provided ones are a single curve level 4 ceramic and are stupid heavy/bulky. So when it's 4 hours into standing around, my shoulders are still going strong while other guys are fidgeting.

Reactions: shoobe01
Not sure how much you’re willing to change your setup but this could be a low cost/good quality carrier

You could supplement additional items by carrying a day sized pack like SWAT medics typically do.