• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need a scope for a 223 700

danheller88

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2014
I am looking for a scope for a basic 223 700. Pretty much want to teach my cousin to shoot. He can shoot quite well, but now it is time to get him understanding mil/mil or moa/moa. I have always done moa myself, however I feel I am going to make the transition over to mil.

Any suggestions on an optic for this rifle? It will be mostly shot between 100-200 yards(90%of the time), with the occasional pushouts to 500(for the other 10%). Would like to keep it on the "cheaper" side since it will be a "training" rifle. I am thinking $400-700, new or used.

SWFA fixed or a Bushnell 10x fixed. Well under your price limit, and both are pretty proven cheaper scopes.

I like 15 power on the top end when shooting 5-600 yards with .223. vortex HS 5x15 mil mil or whatever the new one is shoot work. Also look at the SWFA SS offering. I like the 5x15 they have, but may be pushing the limit of your budget.