• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need a scope

Fluted308

Private
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2013
Alright gentleman I'm sure this question has been asked 1K times. I am in search of a scope for my Remi 700 5R Milspec 308. I would like to have a 50mm OJL, lamination, good for 1000yds + but I only have 1300 to spend. What are my options ? Thanks for the help in advance.

I assume you mean illumination? Are you sure you absolutely need illumination? Many find it overrated. I have never needed it. If you can do without then a used Leopold mk4 m5 is right up your alley. I can't recommend the pst line, at least not the 4-16 version. Mine had terrible glass. I am not the only one to experience this either. 6-24 versions seem to have clearer glass so if you have to go pst go that route.

PCR/XLR/TAC338 http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz53/bodywerks/IMG_20130816_111453_255_zps1b498f0d.jpg http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz53/bodywerks/IMG_20130816_111325_951_zps290ebdd0.jpg

Some of the older 3-15x50mm Nightforce NXS scopes are coming down into that range now and then. No highspeed turrets or zero stop, but still a great scope for the money.

I assume you mean illumination? Are you sure you absolutely need illumination? Many find it overrated. I have never needed it. If you can do without then a used Leopold mk4 m5 is right up your alley. I can't recommend the pst line, at least not the 4-16 version. Mine had terrible glass. I am not the only one to experience this either. 6-24 versions seem to have clearer glass so if you have to go pst go that route.

PCR/XLR/TAC338 http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz53/bodywerks/IMG_20130816_111453_255_zps1b498f0d.jpg http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz53/bodywerks/IMG_20130816_111325_951_zps290ebdd0.jpg

Yes illumination is what I meant to say, damn spellcheck on my phone and it was doing it again on this reply.
I prefer the illumination (damn again) but if I were to find something nice without it then it wouldn't be an issue.

Alright gentleman I'm sure this question has been asked 1K times. I am in search of a scope for my Remi 700 5R Milspec 308. I would like to have a 50mm OJL, lamination, good for 1000yds + but I only have 1300 to spend. What are my options ? Thanks for the help in advance.

I think I have the same rifle as you, save yourself some extra coin and go with the Bushnell ERS 6-24 50mm scope. I have the G2MDR reticle and i got the scope locally at the bushnell outlet for 600-700 bucks.......sorry I can't remember which but it is will underneath your budget and the scope is excellent. i had to join the Kansas Rifle Assoc. for the pricing. Send me a PM if you are interested, I live less than 10 miles from the outlet.

Peace,
JIF

JIF, the model you bought is the ET6245FG.

OP, I would suggest you consider the Bushnell ETs.
ET6245FG is 6-24x50 FFP G2DMR reticle.
ET6245F is 6-24x50 FFP mildot with illumination.
Both sell for under $1k new.

Also Sightron has FFP scopes now at a similar price/features/performance level.
Call Scott at Liberty Optics.

Joe

Mark IV for sure. I mounted one on my 98B and love it. It'll definitely hold you over till you wanna upgrade.

I think I have the same rifle as you, save yourself some extra coin and go with the Bushnell ERS 6-24 50mm scope. I have the G2MDR reticle and i got the scope locally at the bushnell outlet for 600-700 bucks.......sorry I can't remember which but it is will underneath your budget and the scope is excellent. i had to join the Kansas Rifle Assoc. for the pricing. Send me a PM if you are interested, I live less than 10 miles from the outlet.

Peace,
JIF
"The Bushnell Outlet" is that for items with factory defects or discontinued items ?

I like my Viper PST on my 700. Works well out to 1200 yards so far (.308).

Make sure you get mil adjustments and ffp. The bushnell dmr is a great scope. I have one of the bushnell elitss 3-12x44 with the g2 reticle. Clarity is good and it tracks true but the eye relief is not very forgiving. I'm on the verge of selling it and it is barely used. I think that it has been affecting my groups. Crosshairs constantly fade in out. I have some vortex scopes and there customer service and vip warranty is great but I don't own a pst to comment. The group that I shoot with has mostly stopped using leupolds stating that they don't track well once they get worn a little. Illumination in my opinion is not neededuunless you're LE or shoot at night without much backlight.

"The Bushnell Outlet" is that for items with factory defects or discontinued items ?

They may have some of that, I haven't really looked into it. The scopes I looked at were all new in box, no defects or anything.