• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Need a suppressor cover- Tab? Elite Iron? or ???

Whats the preference between the SAS and SAS R? Trying to decide which on to get for bench work with the occasional stroll through the woods.

Bout six bucks..lol

SAS has a built in recoil ridge,SAS-R does not.
And also another difference is there really is no front or rear on the SASR cover, it can be installed in either direction and work equally well. SAS-R cover can be slid either to the rear, or off the front of the can to allow cooling vs having to un-Velcro since the SAS has that recoil ridge.

Armageddon is a direct rip off of TAB Gear covers. I have TAB on my Shark 308 can and a Bowers on my HTG Aries.

Armageddon is a direct rip off of TAB Gear covers. I have TAB on my Shark 308 can and a Bowers on my HTG Aries.

I own two Tab, 1 AG. They are really nothing alike, other than both being made out of cloth.

ETA: I see Tab has a newer cover than the two I purchased. I don't know which came first, but after my first tab frayed itself apart at the front of the can, I bought the AG.

Last edited:
When we started making our covers we made them to the exact length of the can.

After the cover "broke in" and the inner liner compacted over time it would allow the front to extend past the muzzle of the can and get frayed from muzzle blast. We addressed this by making the covers 1/4" shorter than the can so that when the cover is used over time it will come to within about 1/8" from the muzzle. Since we did this the reports of frayed muzzles has dropped way off.

Also, in some instances on some models of our covers that have the inner material somewhat exposed on the ends, the material is simply worn away from abrasion in packs, bags, etc and can expose the white fibers on the inside of the black inner material. This has happened to mine at times and I simply trim it off with scissors and drive on. If yours is doing this, like I've said many times, we have a lifetime warranty on our products, and you determine the life of the product, even if you destroy it through your own negligence or misuse. If you feel like you haven't gotten your moneys worth we'll do what we have to do to make you a happy customer.

When talking about TAB GEAR and AG, we were here first.

When we started making our covers we made them to the exact length of the can.

After the cover "broke in" and the inner liner compacted over time it would allow the front to extend past the muzzle of the can and get frayed from muzzle blast. We addressed this by making the covers 1/4" shorter than the can so that when the cover is used over time it will come to within about 1/8" from the muzzle. Since we did this the reports of frayed muzzles has dropped way off.

Also, in some instances on some models of our covers that have the inner material somewhat exposed on the ends, the material is simply worn away from abrasion in packs, bags, etc and can expose the white fibers on the inside of the black inner material. This has happened to mine at times and I simply trim it off with scissors and drive on. If yours is doing this, like I've said many times, we have a lifetime warranty on our products, and you determine the life of the product, even if you destroy it through your own negligence or misuse. If you feel like you haven't gotten your moneys worth we'll do what we have to do to make you a happy customer.

When talking about TAB GEAR and AG, we were here first.
Think I may have to come by the shop and pick mine up in person since youre only 30 minutes away. I need two and I like American (Texas at that) products even better especially when they have a "1slow01Z71 proof" warranty :D

1slow01z71, anytime you want to come out just let me know so we can make sure we'll be here and we can have your order waiting for you.

Can anyone let me Know which elite iron wrap I need for my aac 762-sdn-6? Please message me if u can help out.

I have 3 TABs, 2 elite irons and one bowers. I don't use the bowers because it is difficult to remove. The ends of the ties that came w 2 elite irons frayed before I even used the covers. I called and they acted like I Was lying. They suggested a couple of fixes, which didn't work. I emailed them pictures but have not heard back. The fit on one of the elite covers is off despite giving them exact measurements. I didn't bother bringing this latter issue up because of the way they handled the fraying issue. In my opinion, the TABs with the bungees are the way to go. Very good quality and customer service. I will order more when my next cans get approved.

Last edited:
Too bad the tabs don't fit a Wilson combat supressor. It's 1 7/8 x 6 5/-16. Armageddon offers a custom option for $10 more do I went that route. I really wanted a Tab though truth be told.