• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Need accurate load for AR-15

scarbow762

Private
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2010
Jonesboro, ar
I have 5lbs of CFE-223 various cases. My ar is colt socoom 1-7 twist 16" barrel. What bullet will give me best accuracy?

Depends. Under 200 yards the flat based bullets make bug holes. 55g Vmax, Nosler, Berger SMK from 50-60g. 25-26g of CFE will rock. Past 200 yards the heavies shine. 69 or 77g SMK and the same weight Hornady BTHPs are superb. 23-24g of CFE. I do like CFE but I get better velocity and accuracy with Ramshot TAC. I'm now experimenting with Benchmark, XBR8208. Also like Re15 and Varget bit TAC flows like water in my powder measure.

I would go with 69 or 77 sierras like danco said or the hornady bthp 68s for longer range.

I'm shooting 60gr Nosler BT in a RRA 1:9 twist (Coyote) with 26.5 gr CFE. 3,000 fps ave. .5moa is the best I have been able to do. Most targets are 250yds or less.

Thanks for the info, now that i finally got my hands on the cfe223 i have to find some bullets, hard to locate around here...im going to try the heavier bullets i want something to reachout and buck the wind. I have some 55gr already loaded for varmint busting. I do have a few lbs of varget but holding on to it for my 308.