• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need advice if my Sig Kilo 3000 is damaged or manufacture defect

bohica17

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 17, 2011
Canal Winchester Ohio
Ordered a pair of kilo 3000 bdx fedex guy chucked the box 10-12 feet onto my patio (I have it on video) ranging has been weird and today I figured out that the actual range finder is lasting below the reticle. On continues scan mode across the street I was leasing a barn at 160 or 148. Coke to find out the fence is 148 barn is 160. At that range it appears that the laser hits about 16”-22” below reticle. And of course further at longer distances. Is this a defect from Sig or because it got tossed onto concrete? Yes I’m contacting Fedex tomorrow, Contacting Scott from liberty optics (awesome to deal with FYI) and Sig. Any input you guys that own them can give me? Are they all like this? Am I just nit picking? Am I a loser?

Are you a loser??? Really??? I'm really confused at how this migrated it's way into your original question... But I'm gonna give my 2 cents anyway, the first thing I would start with is fedex as you have them on camera throwing your electronic/optics device, both which should be handled with care to some degree onto a concrete patio. See if their insurance or whatever will cover it, if not, I wouldn't bother Scott, I would get a warranty repair or replace from Sig.. As far as if they are all like this, I don't currently own one but wouldn't think they would come that way from Sig. Oh and stop beating yourself up, there are hotlines you can call for stuff like that. Lol..

Reactions: bohica17
I have one and to be honest, the dispersion is so big I’m not really sure where the exact point is. If I’m ranging an ipsc target, I have to aim at the stake and ground. Aiming at steel will always range the land in the back for me. If it does bother you sig will take care of it. Call don’t email sig, there behind on emails.

Reactions: bohica17
I talked to my buddy who owns one. He told me to find a stop sign I can safely range at 1000 and see how far it’s off. If it’s worst than what I’m seeing now call sig. if not it’s not terrible and I know where my “hold” is.

Ok bringing this back up for advice. Kilos were off pretty bad. Sent them back Sig confirmed and sent me a “new” pair. Got them today, they are green not black like I had and appear to be refurbished. Scratches on the battery lid where it was taken off and re installed. Gunk in the threads of battery cap. Some gouges in the rubber housing, scratches on the metal around the objective lens. The ones I sent in were brand new never taken to the field. Only out of my house to range where I figured out they were off. I called the rep that was helping me and expressed that I’m not happy with having a brand new pair of binos replaced with a obviously refurbished unit. Should I quit my bitching or am I right to want a brand new pair new box not using my old one new everything like I sent them.

I think you have a legitimate gripe. I would pursue it and if first guy you talk to in customer disservice doesn’t satisfy you, then ask to speak to a manager. Just my opinion...

Dude, it's your hard-earned cash. You either get what you paid for or send it back for a refund. I wouldn't pay "new" price and accept a refurbished beat-to-shit product. For that I would have paid much less and saved some money. I'd call Sig CS and ask that they send me a new one. In black. That, or your money back.

For reference - my BDX hits a bit low, right at the bottom of the actual reticle, but it's 100% consistent.

SIGS CUSTOMER SERVICE ON ELECTRO OPTICS SUCKS. My eye piece came cross threaded on and when I emailed them about getting a new one once I found it out while cleaning they send me a bunch of fucking ads and didn’t answer my question for two weeks then said they couldn’t just ship me a non-fucked up plastic $5 eye piece I’d have to send my binos in to them. Which if it goes anything like the original email it’d take two months. Should’ve bought something different and yes the ranging circle is gigantic and hard to be sure. I was able to fix my eye piece at home.

Last edited:
Wondering if I should just return them and get the vortex. But the vortex I looked through was not of the same glass quality. My experience with them has been nice. Just figured when I got a email saying I was being sent a new pair that was what I was expecting.

I believe the green 3000's have more internal memory than the black for your rifles profiles - so you kinda got an upgrade, The performance specs are the same between the 2, but the green has an expanded memory.

SIGS CUSTOMER SERVICE ON ELECTRO OPTICS SUCKS. My eye piece came cross threaded on and when I emailed them about getting a new one once I found it out while cleaning they send me a bunch of fucking ads and didn’t answer my question for two weeks then said they couldn’t just ship me a non-fucked up plastic $5 eye piece I’d have to send my binos in to them. Which if it goes anything like the original email it’d take two months. Should’ve bought something different and yes the ranging circle is gigantic and hard to be sure. I was able to fix my eye piece at home.
Trust me it's not just their Optics CS that sucks :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Smokin7s