• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need advice on caliber

bulldog911

Private
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2013
mt
Hey everyone, I am an avid shooter who chases elk a lot out here in Montana. I've had a 300wm and switched to a 6.5creed. I'm done with the creed as it got boring and can't push it anymore. I run a 30cal thunderbeast. My question is what caliber do you guys have any insight on. I would like to stay with a 30 cal bullet so I can use my can, and would like to use 215,230 bergeres again. I want this rifle to push the 2k mark and beyond(paper). So far I've been thinking about 300 Norma, 7-300, 30-28 nosler. I dont care if it's a wild cat or if I need to buy custom dies. Do you guys have any other things I should look into? Oh, I would like to stay around 3100fps or above.
if I'm asking to much tell my why.
thanks!

300RUM and single loading a long OACL will give 3100 fps easy with 230's, in a long barrel. A guy I know has one with a 34" barrel that gets 3150 fps with 230's.

Check out the 300 Norma Mag thread in the Reloading Depot sub forum. I think you may find some motivating info on what you're looking for there!

Last edited: