• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need advice on Chassis

Luna34

Private
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2019
Im new into PRS and was looking at updating my 6.5 creedmoor to a chassis. Im having to work with a budget and was wanting y'all's opinion on either the Oryx chassis or a KRG 180 Alpha chassis. Thanks for the help

You don't say what kind of rifle you want to put in the chassis... I am not personally familiar with either of the models you mention and have no info on what they cost. But, I do know MDT - I have a .22 in their LSS-22 chassis and a .223 in the LSS-XL Gen 2 chassis. MDT is an awesome company to work with and they're running an excellent Black Friday sale right now which might meet your budget requirements (check out other sale items such as magazines as well as chassis).

If you have specific questions, there is contact info on their web site, and @MDT_OFFICIAL and @MDT_Josh monitor and contribute to SH. Or call them.

Good luck.

I have a Savage 110 Tactical , the oryx chassis is $400 and the KRG 180 alpha is $768

One of my fellow shooters recently went with the Oryx and likes it a lot. I was impressed as well. I ended up with a XLR Envy which may be way out of your budget.

Oryx chassis “factory seconds“ 299,95 incl. free shipping on their website.....don’t know about your inlet.
I just ordered a rem sa inlet one for a future vudoo build, could not resist.

Thanks for the info so far, Schultze looked on the website and unfortunately they dont have a "factory second " in my rifle

Don't have any info on the KRG but I liked the one for my 6.5 well enough that I picked up another one for my .223 during the black Friday sale.

I have mpa and xlr. Went to a nrl match and after asking permission to fondle some of the guys stuff; settled on MPA. My shooting partner runs xlr, and they're really nice. Any chassis around the 800$ price point will be a one and done purchase. Ya it hurts, but when you shoot em, you know why.

Reactions: A&8's
The KRG Bravo is very popular around here and a full featured set up without breaking the bank so you might want to have a look at that. I wish they had an inlet for the Atlas action as I would like to try one out.

The only chassis I have bought and used so far is an XLR carbon folder and am very pleased with it and no complaints not to mention they are great people to deal with and awesome CS.
They should definitely be on your list and if possible try and get behind a few of the chassis you are interested in before buying.

I'm currently running my Savage 10 65.CM in an MDT LSS-XLGen2 chassis and it exceeds all expectations. I use an XLR buttstock.

MDT and XLR come highly recommended from me and both have outstanding Customer Service.

VooDoo

Reactions: MDT_Josh
Thanks for the tag @DownhillFromHere ! Our sale continues to midnight (PST) tonight, so there is still time :D I ran an LSS-XL Gen2 with an SRS buttstock for the majority of the 2018 PRS/NRL season and it was a great platform to get my feet wet without spending a ton of money. The Oryx chassis can be outfitted to just about the same regards too!

On a side note, if you were to buy any of our non-factory seconds chassis, you have a 30-day, money back guarantee to try it out and send it back to us if it isn't the one for you :)

Josh