• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need barrel advice

Kravenprime

Private
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2017
Good afternoon - I am building an AR and would like suggestions on a very high quality 18-20" match quality HBAR barrel. (Must be hbar due to state restriction).

I found this one http://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...stem-223-wylde-sku100010411-54733-104844.aspx

Having difficulties differentiating between decent and high quality ones - can someone recommend a great one - since this component can a good from great rifle.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Compass Lake Engineering will spin you up the best around from the blank of your choice. I'd go Bartlein if you have the cash.

Monmouth has Ballistic advantage barrels for 30% off and several of them would work for you. The Hanson profile is quite heavy and should work where A heavy barrel is needed. They guarantee 1 MOA.
http://www.monmouthreloading.com/shop/ballistic-advantage-223-wylde-hanson-profile-18-stainless/
includes pinned gas block
I have the 17.7 " 3 gun version and it is easily sub MOA with my 55 gr Hornady sp varmint loads. I am looking forward to working up some long range loads with some 77 gr Nosler cc

I've had good luck from Ballistic Advantage (direct purchase) as well as Rock Creek purchased through Rainier Arms, both easily hold under MOA with handload and IMI Razor Core factory match ammo. I've hear great things about CLE as posted above and WOA as well (White Oak Armament).

Lately, my go to barrels have been from Rainier Arms, they guarantee 1 MOA as well and thus far they have exceeded that capability in my experience. I just used one of their 18" SPR barrels and shot it the weekend before last for the first time using mostly IMI Razor Core. The pic attached is I think shots 30-35 out of the new barrel without any break in or anything and I could probably do better too.

Attachments

• photo59584.jpg
    photo59584.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 41
Compass Lake Engineering will spin you up the best around from the blank of your choice. I'd go Bartlein if you have the cash.

^^^^ really good advise and great people. For a little less, you can consider LaRue Stealth. I am very picky on my barrels. Lots of good ones around. Ranier has some good options as well. They are typically not theirs, but they do some great sourcing. I have not used Ballistic Advantage. I know a lot of people do. I just don't know enough, so I stick with what I have seen and proven.

Give a call to Compass Lake, they make AR barrels from Bartlein, Krieger, Douglas, and Criterion. I have a 18" Bartlien and 16" Krieger from Compass Lake and both have been very good barrels. Customer service is also good.