• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need BC on Hornady 6.5-Grendel American Gunner 123gr

rustyinbend

GySgt USMC 1976-1992
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2018
    Bend, Oregon
    Can't seem to find a reliable BC anywhere for this. Not on the packaging, and on the Hornady web site they state a BC but use a bullet type that doesn't match the one in the cartridge (SST vs. BTHP). Anyone have an "authorative" BC for this cartridge that's proven accurate to 1,000-yards? It shouldn't be this hard ...

From past phone calls to Hornady .450 G1 and .225 G7 from their doppler results.

Reactions: drewthebrave
    From past phone calls to Hornady .450 G1 and .225 G7 from their doppler results.

I used the .450 G1 for my calculations, and it got me on target with first round hits from 100 - 600 yards (my range's limit). I'm pretty happy with the performance for the price!

Hornady doesn’t list an AG load for the Grendel. This doesn’t mean they never made one, but it is now discontinued. By the way, they made a phenomenal “match” load with the 123 Amax, but that’s discontinued too. Anyway, the listed BC for the 6.5mm 123gr SST is 0.510.

Reactions: Snuby642
    The Grendel American Gunner offering was originally an exclusive for Sportsman's Warehouse. It ended up being made available to several other bulk online resellers and even the projectiles at Midsouth for a bit. It isn't a regular cataloged Hornady offering.

Reactions: drewthebrave
    Pretty much black box tac or gold box expanding is what is on the shelf.

The sst Gold box shoots moa in my 20 inch upper.