Need Gunsmith Recommendation for Dallas/Ft. Worth

Hondo11

Private
Minuteman
May 17, 2008
Can anyone recommend a reputable gunsmith/shop for threading a barrel and mounting a muzzle brake? I'm looking for someone who can do it in a reasonable amount of time so I'm not without my rifle for a couple of months. I'm in Fort Worth and would prefer something on this side of the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex, but will make the drive if needed. Thanks in advance.

Scarface26

knuckle dragger
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Southeast OK
Not in your neighborhood, but you should give Matt Stewart at stewartrifles.com a call. He's about 3 hours away from you in SE OK. Threading a barrel should be something most machinists can do, but if you want to KNOW that it's done right. Give Matt a call. If not for this, then for your next build.

God bless America

Hondo11

Private
Minuteman
May 17, 2008
Thank you for the recommendations. I'll start making phone calls once Christmas is in the books.

DarrellS

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2013
Waco,Tx
Alamo Precision Rifles. I own several of their guns. Fantastic quality and their customer service can't be beat. Give Robert and the guys a chance, you'll be pleasantly suprised.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sheldon N

Forrest84

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Cutt n Shoot, TX
Alamo Precision in Hurst for sure. Great crew of guys up there. Jimmy works the front most of the time. Just picked up a Curtis barreled action from them and they’ve done two full rifles for me As well that I love.

Last edited: