• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need Gunsmith Recommendation for Dallas/Ft. Worth

Hondo11

Private
Minuteman
May 17, 2008
Can anyone recommend a reputable gunsmith/shop for threading a barrel and mounting a muzzle brake? I'm looking for someone who can do it in a reasonable amount of time so I'm not without my rifle for a couple of months. I'm in Fort Worth and would prefer something on this side of the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex, but will make the drive if needed. Thanks in advance.

Not in your neighborhood, but you should give Matt Stewart at stewartrifles.com a call. He's about 3 hours away from you in SE OK. Threading a barrel should be something most machinists can do, but if you want to KNOW that it's done right. Give Matt a call. If not for this, then for your next build.

God bless America

Thank you for the recommendations. I'll start making phone calls once Christmas is in the books.

Alamo Precision Rifles. I own several of their guns. Fantastic quality and their customer service can't be beat. Give Robert and the guys a chance, you'll be pleasantly suprised.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sheldon N
Alamo Precision in Hurst for sure. Great crew of guys up there. Jimmy works the front most of the time. Just picked up a Curtis barreled action from them and they’ve done two full rifles for me As well that I love.

Last edited: