• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Need help completing my rifle

Sid Post

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 13, 2006
Texas and Oklahoma, USA
I just received my McMillan HTG stock for my 338-06 Remington 700 ADL action. I thought I could rob some action screws from my 700PSS but, no luck. The thread pitches seem to be different.
confused.gif

Please help me order the right parts the first time so I can go shooting ASAP! I think I need the following:

<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]stock screw - what length and thread pitch?[*]two trigger guard screws - what length and thread pitch?[*]trigger guard - factory steel or something else?[*]Blind floor plate and magazine spring?[/list]

While I'm at it, I should probably get a new cocking mechanism to get rid of the interal J-lock components. What else might I be missing (scope and bases are in-house)?

Re: Need help completing my rifle

I chased some crud out of the threads and got one of the screws to hold the action in the stock. I still need two additional screws though.