• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision need help deciding on Armasight clip on NVD

Dallas4rceMarine

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2011
Dallas, TX
I am soon to return from overseas and had been talking to someone about getting a clip on NVD to help me in my night time hog elimination adventures and then stumbled onto this. He was going to get me a PVS 24 with recoil hardened tube so it could handle the recoil on my 308, 300WSM, and 338LM for $6,500. I did get to play with it before I deployed and it worked great at the 200-250 yards i got to look at. but….

I just recently stumbled onto this Armasight CO-LR Gen 3 ghost clip on that allows up to 10x for only $4,500. I am really liking the black and white view that seems to have better contrast than the green color we are all used to. https://www.armasight.com/night-vision/night-vision-clip-on-systems/armasight-co-lr-gen-3-ghost-mg/

(I personally hate the PVS-22 I have here at work and it is junk past 4x, which pisses me off even more since we have a SFP KF 2.5-10 scope, but I will save that rant for another time.)

My questions are:

Does anyone on here have experience with this Clip On??

If so how did it perform at different magnifications and distances?

How well does it work with lasers? infrared or visible?

It does not mention what recoil it can handle, can we get a definitive answer on that? in writing?
(they do picture it on a SCAR-17 which is supposedly an optics killing recoil machine, but that could just be an advertising shot not in use)

If this is as good as I hope it is I will be ordering one very soon!

P.S. I don't want this thread to get derailed into which brand is better, if green is better, or any of that. Just the questions I mentioned so I know whether on not to buy this. If it can't handle the recoil of my rifles I do not want it and will get the recoil hardened tube offer I already have.
thanks.

I've been wondering the exact same things. Delta 4-3 has some experience with the Armasight alpha CO-LR. I'd also like to hear about the different versions since they have a lot of different models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there,
I have quite a bit of experience with the Armasight line of clip on's as I use and sell them. I offer a Mil/LEO AND a veteran's discount.
They will handle .300WM. I have used it on a .338LM, but I know it is guaranteed for .300.
Honestly, you are not going to find a clip on that performs anywhere near that well for the money.
It works with IR lasers just like the night vision you are used to using does.
As far as magnification and distance capabilities; it will depend completely on the quality of your day scope. With a cheap Tasco it isn't going to look that great at any magnification (though it would still be usable.) You can use it down to 2x, and it provides a really clear image at 12x with good day scope. It is usable past that, but you start to loose clarity. I have some customer's that say they use it at higher mag, but I don't find a need to go past 12x with the USO LR-17.
Let me know if you have any other questions on it, I'd be glad to answer them as best I can.

I have been wondering about the Armasight CO-LR as well. I have been thinking about getting one with the ITT Pinnacle tube. Just haven't been able to find many firsthand reviews unfortunately.

I have been wondering about the Armasight CO-LR as well. I have been thinking about getting one with the ITT Pinnacle tube. Just haven't been able to find many firsthand reviews unfortunately.

Where in OK are you? Ill be in Tulsa next month with a couple CO-LRs on hand.

I just ordered a Pinnacle CO-LR from Delta and can't wait to try it out! Will pass along info when I get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered the CO-LR from him monday, sent the itar stuff back yesterday. hopefully I have it in hand soon and will post pics of it in use for all to see

Hey Recon,

I just want to see the pigs you kill-and when ya get back give me a yell and I will show you how the REPR turned out.

BTW, I have a PVS-24 and it works great. I use it primarily in fromt of an ACOG or eotech. and have used it infront of the Leupold CQB-SS variable. All with great results, and dead pigs.

Give me a yell

Pop aka Shooter

Hey Recon,

I just want to see the pigs you kill-and when ya get back give me a yell and I will show you how the REPR turned out.

BTW, I have a PVS-24 and it works great. I use it primarily in fromt of an ACOG or eotech. and have used it infront of the Leupold CQB-SS variable. All with great results, and dead pigs.

Give me a yell

Pop aka Shooter

Hey pops! I actually just got home. Got a busy week here and then headed to Galveston to do some pro-bono security at a charity concert for children of fallen soldiers. I'll get in touch with you next week and maybe you can show me your secret spot where all these hogs are!

Where in OK are you? Ill be in Tulsa next month with a couple CO-LRs on hand.

Are you going to be at Tulsa Arms Show 5-6th? If so where will you be located? I'ld be interested in taking a look. Kind of depends on Armasight though, I'm getting frustrated with them. Members of Armasight were at the Tulsa show in November and after talking with them for about an hour, I ordered an Apollo 640x512 60 Hz clip on. Promised about a 30 day arrival, 45 at the most and didn't get it until Feb. 12. I was really impressed for about 45 min. While going through menu functions, screen went blank gray with no image. Called Armasight and customer service gave me a return authorization number. Next day shipped it back to them and they got it on Feb. 13. Haven't heard anything since and haven't had a reply from customer service.

Are you going to be at Tulsa Arms Show 5-6th? If so where will you be located? I'ld be interested in taking a look. Kind of depends on Armasight though, I'm getting frustrated with them. Members of Armasight were at the Tulsa show in November and after talking with them for about an hour, I ordered an Apollo 640x512 60 Hz clip on. Promised about a 30 day arrival, 45 at the most and didn't get it until Feb. 12. I was really impressed for about 45 min. While going through menu functions, screen went blank gray with no image. Called Armasight and customer service gave me a return authorization number. Next day shipped it back to them and they got it on Feb. 13. Haven't heard anything since and haven't had a reply from customer service.

Yes, that is my plan. I should know what tables I will have today, and I will let you know. I don't really ever do shows but my brother lives in Tulsa so I plan on staying with him and catching the show.
Let me see if I can help you out with the Armasight issue. They have been quick and easy to communicate with on the two items I've had people need to send them in for. (I say "need" it turns out one guy just didn't look at the diagram on the housing and had the battery in backwards)
Ill get ahold of them and see if they will tell me what's up with your order or get them to get in contact with you.

I'll look for you at Tulsa. It's about a 6 hr drive for me but haven't missed the spring or fall show for almost 10yrs. Have you had any experience with Armasights Recorder DT? I'm interested in one of that to go along with my Apollo. If it helps I had a return auth. number RA799. Look forward to seeing you at Tulsa.

I'll look for you at Tulsa. It's about a 6 hr drive for me but haven't missed the spring or fall show for almost 10yrs. Have you had any experience with Armasights Recorder DT? I'm interested in one of that to go along with my Apollo. If it helps I had a return auth. number RA799. Look forward to seeing you at Tulsa.

I look forward to meeting you there!
I do have a recorder. All the video I poster in the thread below were with their recorder.
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...n-devices/235806-through-tube-pictures-2.html
All those are a 336 core so they wont be as impressive as yours, but the recorder does a great job. It has many features that I have not gotten to explore yet, I have just done the basics to record. I will bring it with me.

Your core failed. They are waiting on new 640 cores from FLIR and estimate it will be headed back to you by the end of the week. Email me and I will forward the email to you, so you not only have the whole email, but also so you have the comm's for the right person should you need to get in touch with them.

I have the Armasight LR-CO Gen3. I mount it on rifles from .223/5.56 -.300 Win Mag. You can use over 10x with high end glass. They very underrated Night Vision device. Repeatability is within a MOA. Buy with confidence.

I have the Armasight LR-CO Gen3. I mount it on rifles from .223/5.56 -.300 Win Mag. You can use over 10x with high end glass. They very underrated Night Vision device. Repeatability is within a MOA. Buy with confidence.

This is a true story.