• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need help on a Varmint scope.

ledmach11969

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2009
Ardmore, OK
Guys I need your help, I want to shoot coyotes between 600 to 900 yards. I need your help to choose a very accurate, and clear lens for that distance. I will shooting a DPMS 6.5 creedmoor, 1-8.5 twist, hornandy 140gr. Match HPBT. My budget for the riflescope is $650. to $1,000. Depending on quality ofcourse. I need very fine cross hair or reticle. Any information, experience would help to make a good purchase of my new varmint scope.

Re: Need help on a Varmint scope.

I use vx3 long-range leupold target scopes for groundhog rigs. 6.5-20 or the 8.25-25. Fine crosshairs with target dot. Target knobs are .25 moa and very repeatable. Used on eBay well within your budget. Lifetime warranty. IMO.

The Vortex PST is a great scope and still in your price range

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smith44699</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use vx3 long-range leupold target scopes for groundhog rigs. 6.5-20 or the 8.25-25. Fine crosshairs with target dot. Target knobs are .25 moa and very repeatable. Used on eBay well within your budget. Lifetime warranty. IMO. </div></div>

I have both these scopes on two rifles, and can highly recommend both.

I would look at a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20X50 or keep your eye on the SWFA Black Friday promo for the SS 5-20X50. I have both the conquest and SS (illuminated) but have not shot the SS past 500 so not sure if the reticle would be too thick on high power beings it is FFP.

Both have great glass but at the top of your price range.

VX 3 6.5x20-40 30mm varmint reticule.

I'd try to get a used nightforce 3-15 ffp

I got one last year for my custom 204 ar and couldn't be happier