• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

need help with barrel twist for 338LM

Distance shooter

Minuteman
Oct 13, 2009
California
What twist do you recommend for 250 grn and 300 grn bullets for a 338LM. I would think a 1:10 twist would work for both weights, but thought I would see what your thoughts were?
Thank you
DS

Re: need help with barrel twist for 338LM

I am running a Bartlein 1:9.5 on mine. Works great.

I have 1:10 and spent a lot of rounds trying to develop a 250gr load. After trying 4 different powders and wasting over 100 bullets, I tried 300gr bullets and it grouped right away. Another example of how each rifle is different.

thanks for the responses, I was wandering if the 9.3 twist would stabilize the 250 grn bullets. my AiAw has a 1:11 twist and I need to replace the barrel. I have 1000 250 grn scenars and 2000 300 grn SMK and wanted a barrel that would stabilize both weights , but I don,t know if a specific twist for a certain weight would be better.. Any other input is appreciated. thank you

DS