• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Need help with BoMar Sight

libertyman777

Are you gonna eat that....
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2007
Heflin, Alabama
I've got a BoMar BMCS sight that I received as part of an estate. Does anyone out there know what the mounting screw looks like? I might have it in some of the stuff but have no idea what it may look like. Here's the sight>

032.jpg

001.jpg

Thanks,

Paul

Re: Need help with BoMar Sight

It looks similar to the screw on the side, but not as ridged on its edge.

I checked mine and it is a 6x48 and 3/8" long, thumb screw with 'indents' around the outside for good repeatable click adj. for elevation. There is also a slot for a flat screw driver.
Mine sites are flat based for my Contenders and XP-100's and use a 6x48 screws for mounting too. Not sure if that is what yours would be but the elevation screw should be the same.
The company (Bo Mar)closed it's doors but there is another one making a similar site but not sure if the screws are the same.
If you let me know where you live I'm sure there is a handgun silhouette shooter in your area that has one that I could get in touch with you.

If you need a pic I could get one tomorrow, I can't get pics onto my putor at home.

Not the best pic but here is another similar site.
Here is the site for the site.
grin.gif

There should be a set screw under the pivot arm that the thumb screw screws into
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1kz45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There should be a set screw under the pivot arm that the thumb screw screws into
smile.gif
</div></div>

You gots a picher?

Libertyman,
Has the US humane society approved of you dog pic?
grin.gif

We have been getting hit hard with their commercials lately
mad.gif

If you need more help I might be able to find a handgun silhouette shooter in your area that more than likely will have a BOMAR on a gun that you could look at?

When you slide it into the dove tail, flip up the sight and to the left, from the back, should be a spot for a set screw that uses a allen, use lock tight(blue) and tighten down, then fold down and install the adjustment screw, don't forget the little spring, sight in at distance, then shoot the snot out of it
smile.gif